- Application deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: This scholarships scheme is designed for university/college students or graduates and PhD applicants who wish to accomplish part of their study at one of the Slovenian institution of higher education (in Slovenian language). The length of scholarship usually ranges from 3 to 10 months depending upon the agreement concerned that specifies also the categories of eligible recipients.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: For the academic year 2018/2019, the scholarship comprises of: monthly scholarship in the amount 296,00 EUR (paid to the student via host institution)-
- The amount is periodically reviewed and adjusted each January
- Free accommodation in the facilities (student dormitory) of the Student Centre of the Universities(paid for by the Ministry directly to the provider in the amount from 150,00-200,00 EUR per month)
- Basic medical insurance for non-EU applicants if there is no bilateral agreement on health
- 52, 50 EUR monthly for subsidized meals in coupons – can be obtained via Student Organization of Slovenia.
- Nationality: Foreign students are eligible.
- Number of Scholarships: Bulgaria: 14, Bosnia and Herzegovina: 18, Greece: 10, Hungary:16, India:24, Israel:27, Italy:20, Japan: 12, Mexico: 24, Montenegro: 18, Poland: 46, People’s Republic of China: 48, Republic of Macedonia: 36, Russian Federation: 16, Serbia: 18, Slovakia: 20, Switzerland: 12, Turkey: 9.
- Scholarship can be taken at Slovenian institution of higher education
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from the following countries are eligible to apply:
Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Montenegro, Poland, People’s Republic of China, Republic of Macedonia, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Turkey.
- This scholarships scheme is designed for university/college students or graduates and PhD applicants who wish to accomplish part of their study at one of the Slovenian institution of higher education (in Slovenian language). A part of the postgraduate study is based on individual works under the supervision of Slovenian professor/mentor.
- The length of scholarship usually ranges from 3 to 10 months depending upon the agreement concerned that specifies also the categories of eligible recipients.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded for a complete course of study leading to a degree. Neither can the scholarship be granted for any Slovenian language course. Please note that tuition fee cannot be covered by this scholarship!
- Majority of the applications are admitted for short time study stay or research visits by doctoral students/candidates (i.e. they either attend non-degree courses of their choice or pursue an independent research activity at the host institutions, depending on their qualifications and preferences). In compliance with the applicable legal regulations, decisions on admission to research or study stays are taken by the institutions of higher education. Applicants are therefore obliged to contact the selected university directly and request a Letter of Acceptance from the relevant department. Applicants are requested to point out to the selected university that they are applying for a scholarship award under the bilateral agreement.
- The age limit of the applicants for study stays is 26 years (the applicant may not complete 26 years of age before the end of the scholarship period) and 30 years for a research visit.
English Language Requirements: The applicants for study stays should be proficient in the Slovene language unless the working language is agreed upon with the mentor/supervisor.
How to Apply: Each application dossier must comprise a copy of a completely and legibly filled out Application form and Letter of Acceptance* with the following required attachments which are also submitted in duplicate:
- A photocopy of ID card or passport (page with the photography),
- One Letter of recommendation for study stays and two Letters of recommendation for research stay from applicant’s home institution, photocopy of diploma and/or certified transcript(s) of records.