Applications are invited for Balassi Summer University Programme for the Hungarian and Non-Hungarian students who wish to learn Hungarian language and want to know more about Hungarian culture.
The objective of the scholarship is to improve, broaden and strengthen the Hungarian language skills and cultural knowledge of the participants in the programme. The four-week long course takes place at the MFA–Balassi Institute in Budapest.
A national institute established to support the worldwide community of Hungarian education, the Balassi Institute plays a key role in the professional direction of cultural affairs. Similar to Germany’s Goethe Institut, the United Kingdom’s British Council, or Spain’s Instituto Cervantes, the Balassi Institute’s main objective is to project a quality-oriented image of our nation, thereby increasing Hungary’s prestige in the international sphere, while strengthening and preserving all facets of Hungarian culture both within and outside of Hungary’s borders.
60 Scholarships Available At Balassi Summer University Italy, 2018
Application Deadline: March 7, 2018
Course Level: This is a four-week long summer course takes place at the MFA–Balassi Institute in Budapest.
Study Subject: During the four-week long programme the students attend 80 Hungarian language classes, and they can participate in Hungarian studies lectures and extramural activities. Outside of class they will visit museums, have field trips and various programmes during which they can experience the Hungarian culture. At the end of the course, they will take an oral and a written exam.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes:
Student residence (2-3 persons per room)
Three meals a day
The 30-day pass for public transportation
Attending the cultural programmes in the afternoons
Attending the excursions
Nationality: Hungarian and Non-Hungarian descent
Number of Scholarships: Up to 60 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Hungary
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students of Hungarian and Non-Hungarian descent are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Individuals entitled to submit their applications are;
- of Hungarian descent, citizens, and residents of the Western diaspora communities, and of minimum 18 years of age, or
- Of non-Hungarian descent, citizens and residents of other countries, and of minimum 18 years of age.
- Volunteer work, references from their Universities, and any other activities related to the Hungarian culture are taken into consideration in the selection of the applicants.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: All applications are to be submitted electronically.
Steps of application:
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Register (Regisztráció) either at the Hungarian or the English webpage: https://sao.bbi.hu/palyazatok/kitoltes/balassi-nyari-egyetem-2018, https://sao.bbi.hu/palyazatok/kitoltes/balassi-summer-university-2018
- Log in (Bejelentkezés) either at the Hungarian or the English webpage: https://sao.bbi.hu/palyazatok/kitoltes/balassi-nyari-egyetem-2018, https://sao.bbi.hu/palyazatok/kitoltes/balassi-summer-university-2018
(Use the e-mail address and password which you entered in the registration.)
- Fill in the application and upload the required documents (with the help of “Feltöltés” button).
- Submit your application (with the help of “Pályázat beküldése” button).
We Accept Only Electronic Applications.
Documents to be uploaded:
- CV (.pdf format);
- An essay of about 200 words about why you would like to study in Hungary and how you will use the knowledge you gain here in your home country (.doc format);
- Copy of your passport (.pdf format);
- Not mandatory but recommended a reference letter from a volunteer organization (scouts, school, foundation, church etc.) or a recognized individual (.pdf format).
- Should you need technical support regarding the application site, please e-mail to sao-at-mfa.gov.hu.