The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS) is inviting applications for up to 6 ICS PhD positions for highly qualified graduates to start September 1st, 2018. These are fully funded PhD positions are available for International Students.
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
6 ICS PhD Positions for International Graduates at University of Groningen in Netherlands, 2018
Application Deadline: May 14, 2018
Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of Sociology.
Scholarship Award: The University offers, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, a salary of € 2,222 gross per month in the first year up to € 2,840 gross per month in the fourth year based on a full-time position.
Nationality: International Students are eligible to apply for this position.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 6 PhD positions are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International Students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Excellent candidates who recently graduated or will graduate shortly in Sociology are invited to apply. Graduates in Psychology, Educational Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: If you are interested in one of the PhD positions, you may apply until May 14th, 2018 23:59 Dutch local time, by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
You need to upload the following documents (in pdf):
- A cover letter explaining your motivation (including the motivation for applying at the ICS and an explanation why you consider yourself as a suitable candidate for the preferred project(s)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, including relevant extra-curricular activities and work experience
- ‘Extra attachment’ – copies of diplomas, a list of your courses taken, and grades obtained, and a proof of ability to communicate and write in English (one pdf)
- ‘Extra attachment (2)’ – contact information of two references
- ‘Extra attachment (3)’ – a copy and the title of your master’s thesis (or an unfinished version).
Interviews will be conducted on June 4th and June 5th, 2018 in Utrecht.
Please note that Skype interviews on May 23rd, 2018 could be part of the selection procedure.