Australia Awards Scholarships application is currently open for 2018 intake, below is the scholarship details and guide on how to apply and win the opportunity.
Australia Awards Scholarships 2018 Application Guide
Australia Awards are the flagship of the Australian development cooperation program and are an important component of Australia’s investment in education. Scholarships have been an important component of the Australian Government’s efforts to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development since the 1950s.
Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 4.5. (Equivalent TOEFL scores are also accepted).
Course Level: Australian Awards Scholarships are available to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level.
Study Subject: Awards are provided in one of the priority fields of study: Agricultural Productivity, Extractives, Public Policy (particularly infrastructure and economic policy, including trade policy).
Scholarship Award: For holders of an Australia Awards Masters Scholarship, entitlements include the full costs of tuition fees for up to two years for a Masters award. An economy class flight to and from Australia is provided and an approximate annual stipend of AUD 30,000 to cover living expenses whilst on award in Australia. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is also provided to cover Awardee’s basic medical costs. A one off Establishment Allowance of AUD 5,000 is payable to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing your course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items etc.). Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare to allow them to travel home midway through the course, but this is only available to Awardees whose course is for 2 years or longer.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- The eligibility varies by country (see link below for specific country eligibility criteria)
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- Applicant possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- Public sector, private sector and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) when they apply.
- Applicant must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- Applicant must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- Applicant must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook.
Nationality: The Scholarship is open to citizens of Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo(Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Mauritania, Niger, North Sudan, Republic of Guinea and South Sudan to study the aforementioned courses at African or Australian Universities.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 4.5. (Equivalent TOEFL scores are also accepted). All studies undertaken under Australia Awards are in English and, for postgraduate studies at an Australian University, a high level of English proficiency is required. English requirements for Masters Awards: Candidates for Masters Awards may be required to sit a language proficiency test as part of the selection and course placement process. Language proficiency is tested through the International English Language.
Application Deadline: Applications will only be received over a 4 month period from September to December each year.
You can click here to apply onlineClick Here To Subscribe to Study Abroad Nations by Email to receive free scholarship alerts and Study Abroad Guides