For the academic year 2018-2019, Zhejiang University Scholarship is available to enrol high-quality foreign students for doctoral program studies in ZJU.
Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences.
Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers).
Zhejiang University Scholarship—Two-High Doctoral Program for Foreign Students in China, 2018
Application Deadline: May 20, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Full scholarship, including:
Free accommodation on campus
Living allowance: CNY 3,500 per month
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Nationality: Foreign students
Number of Scholarships: Up to scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements
Applicants must meet the requirements prescribed in Doctoral Degree Programs Admission 2017
Applicants shall graduate from Top 500 World Universities (can refer to 2016 World University Rankings published by QS, ARWU, US News or Times Higher) or top universities in their home countries. Applicants must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Applicants should have a competitive academic record and display strong scientific research ability.
Applicants must have earned acceptance by ZJU professor, who has student enrollment qualification in Two-High Doctoral Program.
Applicants should not be a recipient of any other scholarships or funding.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants shall contact their prospective supervisors first (link, click ZJU colleges/departments websites to find professors contact information) to confirm whether they can apply for this program. Then applicants shall make online application via the Website of the International College of Zhejiang University (http://iczu.zju.edu.cn) and submit all the application materials to Graduate Office of International College by post or in person.
Note: Please email a scanned copy of the application documents to their prospective supervisor in ZJU as well.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University.
Log on Zhejiang University’s International Students Online Application System (click here), fill in and submit an application form, then print out and sign.
- Application Form for Zhejiang University Scholarship—Two-High Doctoral Program.
Use the same Username and Password of Zhejiang University’s International Students Online Application System to log on the Scholarship Application Page (click here).After login, click “Apply for Two-High Doctoral Program” at the lower left side of the page, submit an application form, then print out and sign.
- A photocopy of passport.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor (download).
- Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors excluding the applicant’s prospective supervisor in ZJU, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number, and email address must be put on the letter.)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
- Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 400 yuan). (Bank account)