The Barcelona Supercomputing Center is awarding position for undergraduate students to pursue research. The student will join a dynamic research group within the Life Sciences department, work in a sophisticated HPC environment and will have access to systems and computational infrastructures.
Supercomputing Center Undergraduate Student Research Position in Spain, 2019
- Applications Deadline: December 31, 2018. The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The Computational Genomics group, led by ICREA professor David Torrents, is looking for a motivated student to work in the development and application of bioinformatics tools in order to answer biomedical questions in the context of the risk of disease associated to interactions between genomic variants, using large genome-phenome public datasets. The project aims at testing the genetic interactome (epistasis) behind the disease, using type 2 diabetes as a pilot pathology. The successful candidate will complete a Master Thesis.
The student will join a dynamic research group within the Life Sciences department, work in a sophisticated HPC environment and ill have access to systems and computational infrastructures.
Priority will be given to highly motivated and proactive candidates with a biology-related background and with the ambition to develop their career in the field of computational genomics and biomedicine.
- Scholarship Award:
- The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: 01/02/2019
- Nationality: Positions are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Requirements
- Degree in Biology, biotechnology or any field related to biomedicine.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references – Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV including contact details
Undergraduate | Masters | PhD | Postdoc Scholarships