Applications are currently open for the Saint Andrew’s Society of the State of New York Scholarships. The Society will offer scholarships to the total value of $60,000 to enable Scottish graduates to study for a year in the United States.
The University of Aberdeen is a public research university in Aberdeen, Scotland. It is an ancient university founded in 1495 when William Elphinstone, Bishop of Aberdeen, petitioned Pope Alexander VI on behalf of James IV, King of Scots to establish King’s College,making it Scotland’s third-oldest university and the fifth-oldest in the English-speaking world.
Scholarships for Scottish Graduates Study in the USA in 2018-2019
- Application Deadline: February 23, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships
- Study Subject: Scholarships
- Scholarship Award: The Society will offer Scholarships to the total value of $60,000 to enable Scottish graduates to study for a year in the United States
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two Scholarships are offered.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Graduates of a Scottish university are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Candidates must be Scottish by birth or descent and will be expected to have current knowledge of Scotland and Scottish current affairs, and of the Scottish tradition generally. The Society expects its scholars to be good ambassadors for Scotland.
Candidates must also be:
Either graduates of a Scottish university, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who have completed their first-degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) not earlier than 2017;
Or students of a Scottish university, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who expect to complete their first-degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) in 2018.
An Honours degree is not essential.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted by email.