MATHEGRAM is now recruiting 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). Each ESR will work at a beneficiary institute with a 36-month employment contract and will register as a PhD at a University within the MATHEGRAM network or affiliated universities.
Each ESR will also receive additional training at the network level and undergo secondments at academic and/or non-academic MATHEGRAM partners.
MATHEGRAM aims to equip a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative professional research engineers with an open and responsible approach to their research, with interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral (i.e. academic and non-academic) experience.
15 PhD Positions for International Students at MATHEGRAM ITN, 2019
- Applications Deadline: January 8, 2019
- Course Level: Positions are available to study PhD programs.
- Study Subject: MATHEGRAM aims to form a network of PhD students on the theme of powders under high temperatures.
- Scholarship Award:
- Full-time employment for 36 months;
- Favourable remuneration according to EU standards (Gross EU contribution: Living allowance €3270 per month + mobility allowance €600 + family allowance €500 for researchers having family). Please note the net salary will be adjusted through the application of a country correction coefficient to the living allowance of the country in which the researcher will be recruited, as well as subjected to deduction of all compulsory (employer /employee) social security contributions as well as direct taxes (e.g. income tax).
- Inter-sectoral Secondments at other organisations (up to 9 months);
- Starting date: 1st March 2019 or soon after
- Nationality: These vacancies are open to all nationals, including candidates from non-EU countries.
- Number of Scholarships: 15 PhD vacancies (Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher positions) available at MATHEGRAM, an MSCA Innovative Training Network (ITN) funded by the EU.
- Scholarship can be taken in WORK LOCATION(S)
- 2 positions at Department of Chemical and Process Engineering Faculty of Engineering and the Physical Sciences University of Surrey, Guildford, GU2 7XH. UK
- 1 position at Inra – AgroParisTech UMR Ingénierie Aliments Procédés Equipe SP2 1 avenue des Olympiades F 91744 Massy, Cedex, France
- 2 positions at Department of Industrial Engineering University of Salerno Via Giovanni Paolo II, 132 I-84084 Fisciano (SA), ITALY
- 2 positions at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Imperial College London London, SW7 2AZ. UK
- 1 position at Centre Internacional de Metodes Numerics an l’Enginyeria (CIMNE) Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) 08034 Barcelona, Spain
- 1 position at Surface of Glass and Interfaces (SVI) Saint-Gobain Research Paris 33 Quai Lucien Lefranc 93303 Aubervilliers, FR
- 1 position at Johnson Matthey Technology Centre Belasis Avenue TS23 1LS Billingham UK
- 2 positions at CNRS – SIMAP (Materials Science and Engineering) Laboratory, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble F-38000, France
- 1 position(s) available at Airbus Central R&T Bavaria, Taufkirchen, 82024 Willy-Messerschmitt-Str. 1 Germany
Entrance Requirements: These vacancies are open to all nationals, including candidates from non-EU countries, who meet the following criteria:
At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full-time equivalent) years of reexperience within a research career;
- Applicants should not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the recruiting institute for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment;
- Highly motivated for working towards a PhD AND for the overall MATHEGRAM research and training objectives;
- holding a master’s degree in the areas relevant to the MATHEGRAM project(s);
- Having not already been awarded a PhD degree;
- Proficiency in English (English certificates will be required, such as IELTS or TOEFL, for the projects hosted at beneficiaries in the UK);
- Willingness to learn the local language of the host institution;
- Good communication and team-working skills.
How to Apply: Candidates can send their applications to: MATHEGRAM-at-surrey.ac.uk, as soon as possible but no later than 8th Jan 2019.
All applications should include the following in a single PDF file:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages), including (1) preferences for one or more of the ESR projects and (2) consent to distribute your application materials to the recruitment committee members and supervisors of MATHEGRAM
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Degree certificates and transcripts containing the courses taken and grades obtained (both original versions, and English translations)
- English certificates and other relevant certificates
- A list of publications (optional).
Undergraduate | Masters | PhD | Postdoc Scholarships