MATHEGRAM is now recruiting 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). Each ESR will work at a beneficiary institute with a 36-month employment contract and will register as a PhD at a University within the MATHEGRAM network or affiliated universities.
Each ESR will also receive additional training at the network level and undergo secondments at academic and/or non-academic MATHEGRAM partners.
MATHEGRAM aims to equip a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative professional research engineers with an open and responsible approach to their research, with interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral (i.e. academic and non-academic) experience.
15 PhD Positions for International Students at MATHEGRAM ITN, 2019
- Applications Deadline: January 8, 2019
- Course Level: Positions are available to study PhD programs.
- Study Subject: MATHEGRAM aims to form a network of PhD students on the theme of powders under high temperatures.
- Scholarship Award:
- Full-time employment for 36 months;
- Favourable remuneration according to EU standards (Gross EU contribution: Living allowance €3270 per month + mobility allowance €600 + family allowance €500 for researchers having family). Please note the net salary will be adjusted through the application of a country correction coefficient to the living allowance of the country in which the researcher will be recruited, as well as subjected to deduction of all compulsory (employer /employee) social security contributions as well as direct taxes (e.g. income tax).
- Inter-sectoral Secondments at other organisations (up to 9 months);
- Starting date: 1st March 2019 or soon after
- Nationality: These vacancies are open to all nationals, including candidates from non-EU countries.
- Number of Scholarships: 15 PhD vacancies (Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher positions) available at MATHEGRAM, an MSCA Innovative Training Network (ITN) funded by the EU.
- Scholarship can be taken in WORK LOCATION(S)
- 2 positions at Department of Chemical and Process Engineering Faculty of Engineering and the Physical Sciences University of Surrey, Guildford, GU2 7XH. UK
- 1 position at Inra – AgroParisTech UMR Ingénierie Aliments Procédés Equipe SP2 1 avenue des Olympiades F 91744 Massy, Cedex, France
- 2 positions at Department of Industrial Engineering University of Salerno Via Giovanni Paolo II, 132 I-84084 Fisciano (SA), ITALY
- 2 positions at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Imperial College London London, SW7 2AZ. UK
- 1 position at Centre Internacional de Metodes Numerics an l’Enginyeria (CIMNE) Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) 08034 Barcelona, Spain
- 1 position at Surface of Glass and Interfaces (SVI) Saint-Gobain Research Paris 33 Quai Lucien Lefranc 93303 Aubervilliers, FR
- 1 position at Johnson Matthey Technology Centre Belasis Avenue TS23 1LS Billingham UK
- 2 positions at CNRS – SIMAP (Materials Science and Engineering) Laboratory, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble F-38000, France
- 1 position(s) available at Airbus Central R&T Bavaria, Taufkirchen, 82024 Willy-Messerschmitt-Str. 1 Germany
Entrance Requirements: These vacancies are open to all nationals, including candidates from non-EU countries, who meet the following criteria:
At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full-time equivalent) years of reexperience within a research career;
- Applicants should not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the recruiting institute for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment;
- Highly motivated for working towards a PhD AND for the overall MATHEGRAM research and training objectives;
- holding a master’s degree in the areas relevant to the MATHEGRAM project(s);
- Having not already been awarded a PhD degree;
- Proficiency in English (English certificates will be required, such as IELTS or TOEFL, for the projects hosted at beneficiaries in the UK);
- Willingness to learn the local language of the host institution;
- Good communication and team-working skills.
How to Apply: Candidates can send their applications to: MATHEGRAM-at-surrey.ac.uk, as soon as possible but no later than 8th Jan 2019.
All applications should include the following in a single PDF file:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages), including (1) preferences for one or more of the ESR projects and (2) consent to distribute your application materials to the recruitment committee members and supervisors of MATHEGRAM
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Degree certificates and transcripts containing the courses taken and grades obtained (both original versions, and English translations)
- English certificates and other relevant certificates
- A list of publications (optional).
Study Abroad Nations.We have written hundreds of guides that have helped millions of students across the globe. You can connect with us anytime through any of our social media platforms or via email.