The SME Education Foundation invites applications for the 2019-2020 SME Education Foundation Scholarship. The scholarship is open to the students who are pursuing a degree in an engineering discipline closely related to manufacturing or a technology field of study related to manufacturing.
The foundation will offer a fund from $1,000 – $6,000 which can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education. The fund is available on U.S. and Canadian Students who are pursuing a degree in a qualifying major.
2019-2020 SME Education Foundation Scholarship for U.S. and Canadian Students
- Applications Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course Level: High school seniors, undergraduates, and graduate students pursuing degrees in advanced manufacturing and related fields at two- and four-year colleges.
- Study Subject: Engineering discipline closely related to manufacturing or a technology field of study related to manufacturing.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships range from $1,000 – $6,000 and can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education. The Family Scholarships include one (1) award in an amount of $40,000 and Three (3) scholarships of $20,000 each, all payable over four years.
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from the United States or Canada.
- Entrance Requirements: Must be a graduating high school senior, current undergraduate or graduate student who will be enrolling as part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate student, attending accredited colleges or universities in the United States or Canada for the next fall term.
- Scholarships are only available to citizens of the U.S. and territories, citizens of Canada, students with permanent residency status in the U.S. (i.e. green card) or Canada, or applicants with the U.S. or Canadian student visa.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or 70 on a 100 point (%) scale. Most scholarships have a minimum GPA of 3.0/80.
- Must be pursuing a degree in a qualifying major
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: