The Chosun University is inviting applications for Graduate/Postgraduate Scholarship 2019 to study in South Korea.
The Wireless Communication and Networking Lab (WHYNET LAB), Chosun University, Gwangju, is seeking for a skilful, hardworking and highly motivated candidate with good academic credentials to join our dynamic international team as an MS student within the area of next-generation communications and networking technologies.
The Chosun University was founded by the Chosun College Founders’ Association. The Association was formed in May 1946, and rapidly gained members throughout Chungcheong, Jeolla, and Jeju provinces. According to the school website, “membership rose to more than 72,000 by the end of 1947.
Chosun University Graduate/Postgraduate Scholarship Recruitment for Spring Semester-2019
The Chosun University, one of the top 15 universities in the nation, has built sister relations with several outstanding foreign universities. The sister university programs have allowed for the exchange of professors and students which have added value to our community and creating global brand value.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018.
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Graduate/Postgraduate Degree program
• Study Subject: The MS position is targeted at the following topics:
• Access control and resource allocation schemes in wireless communications systems
• Low power communication protocols for body area sensor networks
• Radio Frequency Identification Systems
• Packet-based network synchronization techniques
• Smart grid communication and application
• Internet of Things IoT
• Ocean IoT
• D2D/M2M communications
Scholarship Award: Expected benefits for the successful candidates
• Support all kinds of registration fees (admission fee + tuition fee)
• Support living cost of 650,000 KRW per month for MS for the entire course duration
• The incentive will be provided for all research accomplishments with outstanding publications
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for South Korea citizens.
• Entrance Requirements: Profile of ideal candidates:
• M. S (for PhD applicants)/ B. S (for MS applicants) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Communication Engineering.
• TOEFL (iBT 80/ CBT 213 or higher) or IELTS (6.5 or above).
• Must have superior CGPA.
• Good programming and mathematical skills.
• Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment.
• Good ability for highly motivated independent research.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically. Interested applicants should send the following to Prof. Seokjoo Shin and PhD. Student: Devarani Devi
• Study plan clearly stating the research topics you are interested in. We would like to know your research interests and their relation to the WHYNET LAB’s research focus
• Copies of academic transcripts and graduation certificates
• The brief summary of most recent thesis/paper and the status (e.g. accepted, in progress, submitted etc.)
• Proof of English proficiency.
• Curriculum Vitae (to include names, date of birth, nationality, contact details, education, work experience, publications etc.)