Applications are invited for Edinburgh College of Art (ECA) for postgraduate (PG) Masters and Masters by Research programmes. UK/EU and Overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Edinburgh College of Art is an art, design, creative and performing arts school in Edinburgh, the oldest and largest in Scotland, providing higher education in art and design, architecture, history of art and music disciplines for over two thousand University of Edinburgh students.
Edinburgh College of Art PG Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/Overseas Students in UK, 2019
- Applications Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Master degree programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to applicants for postgraduate (PG) Masters and Masters by Research programmes in our five Schools: School of Art; School of Design; ESALA (Architecture and Landscape Architecture); History of Art; and the Reid School of Music.
- Scholarship Award: University is offering 5 scholarships, for the sum of £10,000 each. These awards will be tenable for one academic year and will automatically be deducted from your tuition fee with any remaining funds being awarded towards living costs. Applications are competitive across all five ECA Schools.
- Nationality: UK/EU/Overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The scholarships will be awarded to new applicants who have applied for admission to a postgraduate Masters or Masters by Research degree programme of study at the University commencing in September 2019.
Both taught Masters and Masters by Research programmes are eligible for this award. Applications will be considered from UK/EU/Overseas applicants wishing to study full-time/part-time/online distance learning programmes.
Part-time students and students on PG programmes longer than one year may apply but must be aware that this funding is for one year only, therefore, students are advised to budget accordingly.
Master of Architecture (MArch) and MPhil applicants are not eligible to apply. Students who are already on the programme are not eligible to apply.
If wishing to commence a new PG programme of study in September 2019 you must ensure that you have fully completed and submitted your Master’s programme application for admission using the University’s online system by no later than 22 February 2019.
How to apply for postgraduate study at ECA
Scholarship applications from prospective students who are not supported by a fully completed PG programme application and not submitted by the deadlines above will not be considered for funding.
How to Apply: Details on the scholarship application process will be published on this webpage as soon as possible: the scholarship application deadline will be 23.59 GMT on 1st March 2019.
Please note: the Personal Statement for your scholarship application should clearly state why you are applying for this scholarship, why you feel your application should be considered and what benefit the scholarship will have for your studies. We are also looking for your thoughts on how you might contribute to the postgraduate community within ECA whilst on programme.