The new Fully Funded PhD Studentships is now available on offer at Faculty of Media & Communication in the UK. UK nationals will receive fees, the maintenance stipend and any company top-up payment. A limited number of non-UK EU nationals will receive fees, the maintenance stipend and any company top-up payment.
Based at the University of Bath and Bournemouth University, the CDE is an EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training funding doctoral researchers in games, visual effects or animation while they are based in companies that require these skills. CDE offers outstanding and unique opportunities to students and companies alike. Founded in 2009, CDE is the national Doctoral Training Centre in these sectors. We have £20 million of investment. We are a big and supportive CDE family working alongside some of the most outstanding companies in the world.
Fully Funded PhD Studentships at University of Bath and Bournemouth University in UK, 2019
- Applications Deadline: January 22, 2019
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD program.
- Study Subject: ?Studentship is awarded within the Doctorate of Engineering Digital Media at Faculty of Media & Communication.
- Scholarship Award: A fully-funded Studentship includes a maintenance grant of £14,777 per year to contribute towards living expenses during the course of your research, as well as a fee waiver for 36 months. Associated costs – such as fieldwork and conference attendance – will also be met under the Studentship.
- Nationality: The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students.
Please read this section carefully before applying:
- UK nationals will receive fees, the maintenance stipend and any company top-up payment.
- A limited number of non-UK EU nationals will receive fees, the maintenance stipend and any company top-up payment.
- Applicants who have legally-established residency in the UK, regardless of citizenship, may be funded on the same basis as UK nationals. We will not consider you unless you can clearly show in your application that you meet in full the residency requirements on our funder’s website.
- Applicants from outside the EU cannot receive EPSRC funding. We may not vary the rules or negotiate alternative arrangements. Bournemouth University has a limited number of non-EPSRC scholarships for Overseas applicants. Please contact us for further details.
We are working to improve the gender balance within the student population and particularly welcome applications from women.
- Applicants should hold a first or upper second (2.1) class honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject, such as, but not limited to, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering, Computer Arts, Animation, Digital Effects, Design or Interactive Media.
- All applicants for whom English is a second language must provide recent evidence of their English language skills, equivalent to an IELTS score of 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in each element.
How to Apply: Applications are made to the Centre for Digital Entertainment, using the Bournemouth University online application in the link below. You will need to create a ‘New User’ account before accessing for the first time. If you wish, you can save your partly completed application and log-in later to complete it.
Your application will be considered by both the University of Bath and Bournemouth University, unless you specifically request otherwise.
APPLY NOW Bournemouth University
APPLY NOW University of Bath
Undergraduate | Masters | PhD | Postdoc Scholarships