The University of Stavanger is delighted to offer two-year position as Postdoctoral Fellow in Petroleum Technology at Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Energy Resources from November 2018.
The objective of the position is to strengthen research, and to give researchers/scholars holding a doctoral degree within relevant academic field(s) the opportunity for further qualification toward full professorship.
The University of Stavanger (UiS) is situated in the most attractive region in the country, with some 300 000 inhabitants. In constant collaboration and dialogue with our surroundings, regionally, nationally and internationally, we enjoy an open and creative climate for education, research, innovation, dissemination and museum activities.
Petroleum Technology Fellowship at University of Stavanger in Norway, 2019
- Applications Deadline: December 13, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Petroleum Technology at Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Energy Resources from November 2018. The topic of the project is “Decision and Data Analytics for planning and implementation of IOR Pilot Projects”. Postdoctoral Fellow will be affiliated with The National IOR Centre of Norway.
- Scholarship Award: The position salary is set according to the State Salary Code, l.pl 17.510, code 1352, NOK 515 200 per annum. In special cases, higher salaries may be considered.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for international students.
Applicants with a strong background and experience in one or several of the areas of Bayesian modeling, stochastic modeling, machine learning, data assimilation, inverse problems, and signal or image processing will be preferred. The candidates should have demonstrated strong modeling and programming skills through previous studies and research.
Qualifications within the areas of creativity, innovation and commercialization of research will be given emphasis in appointments to academic positions at the university.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!