In honour of Prof. Dr. h.c. Roland Berger, the Friends of the Ifo Institute (Society for the Promotion of Economic Research) is awarding Doctoral Student (f/m) 75% – Roland-Berger-Scholarship by January 1st, 2019.
The ifo Institute is one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes and is renowned for its research activities, its policy advisory work and its international services. It promotes internationally recognized research in the field of economics by providing intensive training for junior economists.
Applicants must have an excellent command of written and spoken English and Good German language skills.
Roland Berger Doctoral Scholarships at Ifo Institute in Germany, 2019
- Applications Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject:
- Working on research projects in the field of empirical industrial, innovation economics and/or the economics of digitization
- Completing a PhD in economics at the Chair of Center Director Prof Dr Oliver Falck at the LMU
- Participation in the structured doctoral student training program run by the LMU’s Graduate School of Economics.
- Scholarship Award:
- Comprehensive further scientific qualification at one of Germany’s best economics faculties and involvement in the policy-oriented empirical economics research of one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes, as well as the opportunity to acquire enriching international experience.
- The Roland Berger Doctoral Scholarship comprises a monthly grant of 1,900 euros and is limited to three years.
- There is the option of an extension by the ifo Institute until you finish your doctorate.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A strong Masters in economics (ideally from a two-year program)
- Sound knowledge of the theoretical principles of economics, relevant empirical methods as well as applied industrial and innovation economics
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good German language skills
The Ifo Institute promotes professional equality for men and women. Women are expressly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Please submit your completed application under reference number 2018-020 INT-DOK by 15 January 2019 preferably via email to:
ifo Institute – Leibniz-Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
Please send your covering letter, curriculum vitae and certificates as a single pdf file.
Should you require any further information, please contact recruiting-at-ifo.de.
Undergraduate | Masters | PhD | Postdoc Scholarships