International students are invited to apply for First Year and Upper-Class Scholarships for the 2019/20 academic year. These opportunities are presented by the University of Maine Pulp & Paper Foundation.
The university provides support for the education and preparation of engineering graduates for challenging and rewarding careers in the pulp and paper and supplier industries. All students are eligible to apply.
The University of Maine is a public research university located in the United States. Maine is the state’s largest and the only institution in Maine classified as a research university (RU/H) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
University of Maine First Year and Upper-Class international awards in the USA
University or Organization: University of Maine Pulp & Paper Foundation
Course Level: Undergraduate
Access Mode: Online
Nationality: International students
The award can be taken in the United States
Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The study program is available for an undergraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be considered for the funded study:
1) For First Year Pulp & Paper foundation grant:
- Entering first-year students are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Students must be current high school seniors
- Applicants must have become familiar with the technology and careers in the pulp and paper industry and how they will continue to pursue these opportunities during their course of study at UMaine.
- Students must have a combined SAT score of 1100+, are the recipients of academic honors, participate in leadership and extracurricular activities, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2) Upper-Class Pulp & Paper foundation grant:
- Current UMaine Engineering Students are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Applicants must be first-year, sophomore, junior
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for the semester prior to a scholarship being awarded.
- Students must have become familiar with the career opportunities and technologies of the pulp and paper industry.
- For First Year Pulp & Paper foundation grant: Either full-tuition as billed by UMaine or $8500 per year
- Upper-Class Pulp & Paper foundation grant: $6000 per year
- How to Apply: To be considered the First Year Pulp & Paper foundation grant, applicants need to begin the application process for a First-Year Student application. After completing the registration information through Eventbrite please email the required documents.
- To be applying for the Upper-Class application, applicants need to take admission to this university.
- Admission Requirements: For studying at the university, the participants need to check their entry requirements asked by the university.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates need to submit their language ability proof, curriculum vitae, letter, transcript, SAT scores, GPA score and copy of their transcripts or degree certificate.
- Language Requirements: If the participant’s national language is not English, then they have to show the English language ability by taking the TOEFL or IELTS test.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019, for First-year and March 30, 2020, for Upper-class students
Study Abroad Nations.We have written hundreds of guides that have helped millions of students across the globe. You can connect with us anytime through any of our social media platforms or via email.