IDEAS Scholarship Programme is now open for applications for the academic year 2019-2020. A total of up to 30 full scholarships will be awarded to Vietnamese candidates.
The purpose of the Irish Aid IDEAS Scholarship Programme is to provide talented candidates with the opportunity to pursue advanced education and professional development in Ireland in order to contribute to the future development of Vietnam.
Vietnam with an area four times the size of Ireland has a population of over 88 million, and ranks 121st out of 187 countries on the 2014 UN Human Development Index, compared to Ireland’s 11th. Ireland’s engagement with Vietnam through Irish Aid has focused on reducing poverty and inequality through the implementation of programmes designed to strengthen the delivery of basic services and social protection to the poorest and most vulnerable sections of society, the promotion of inclusive economic development, the growth of the private sector, and increased accountability by the State to its citizens.
30 Fully Funded Government of Ireland IDEAS Master Scholarship, 2019-2020
- Applications Deadline: January 11, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programs at Irish higher education institutions.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study following subjects:
- Agriculture and Rural Development, Environmental Science
- Food Science
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- Management, and Business Related
- Economics, Finance and Accounting
- Others: Tourism and Hospitality Management, Interactive Digital Media, Creative Practice, Public Relations
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship awards cover: visa fee, international airfares, full tuition fees, public health insurance, monthly stipend to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, settling-in allowance, and books. Scholarships are for individuals for full-time study of up 12 months duration for Masters programmes.
- Nationality: These scholarships are available to Vietnamese candidates.
- Number of Scholarships: A total of up to 30 full scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available to Vietnamese candidates.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Years of experience: Minimum 2 years of full time work experience after undergraduate education.
Academic qualification: Academic qualifications required by your chosen course.
Language proficiency: English: IELTS: 6.5 overall (Academic); no band under 6.
IELTS results must be no more than 24 months old by 1st September 2019. TOEFL certificate is not accepted
English language requirements can vary across courses and institutions, with some courses stipulating minimum scores in each band. Please check the specific requirements of your chosen course on the course webpage. Please note that an IELTS certificate will still be required even in circumstances where an applicant has studied in English at undergraduate level as evidence of language proficiency may still be required when applying to courses in Ireland.
Commitment: – Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of their home country on completion of studies.
– Be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered.
– Provide a letter of reference from employer.
– Meet any relevant procedural requirements of the Government of Vietnam.
English Language Requirements: English: IELTS: 6.5 overall (Academic); no band under 6.
IELTS results must be no more than 24 months old by 1st September 2019. TOEFL certificate is not accepted.
Please note that an IELTS certificate will still be required even in circumstances where an applicant has studied in English at undergraduate level as evidence of language proficiency may still be required when applying to courses in Ireland.
How to Apply: To apply, please fill in the attached application form.
A completed application package should include the following documents listed by order:
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages).
- A certified copy of academic transcript and degree.
- Letters from two academic referees with original signatures (not e-signatures).
- A certified copy of English language certifications.
- Copy of your passport (identity page only) and Vietnamese identity card, each on A4 sized paper.
- One letter of reference from your employer.
- Three copies of completed application form, available at www.embassyofireland.vn (go to News & Events), should be submitted