There aren’t many military boarding schools in Colorado or even military academies in general. However, the few ones operating in the state have been discussed here, who knows, one of them could be an ideal school for you.
Military academies have a lot to offer to children and youths. Their academic quality is outstanding, they equip students with career and survival skills, and instill in them certain qualities that people around them would want to look up to. They are self-disciplined, athletic, and attain excellent academic records.
Due to what these military academies have to offer, most parents prefer enrolling their child into one of them rather than a typical high school. Besides, most military academies are free to attend and parents won’t have to pay tuition. But there are private ones which are also just as good but they aren’t free to attend and charge like a lot.
Military education might be just what your child needs to get by in life and the United States have, at least, one of them in every state. The military boarding schools in Colorado will give you a wider choice on which of the military academies to send your child.
Admission Requirements Into Military Boarding Schools in Colorado
There are certain eligibility requirements that applicants need to pass before getting accepted into military boarding schools in Colorado. Fortunately, we were able to gather these requirements and list them below for you to know ahead of time before applying.
- Ensure that your child is within the accepted age range or grade of that particular military school before applying
- Must be a resident of Colorado and a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident
- Applicant should be free of felony charges and no pending court proceedings
- Physical and mental capability to participate in the program
- Should be free from the use of illegal drugs or other substances
- Complete then submit all supporting documents such as application form, official transcripts from other schools attended, etc. as required by your preferred school.
- Pay the application fee, if any.
How Much Does Military School Cost in Colorado?
Military schools in Colorado are usually free to attend and come at no cost.
Must I Become a Soldier If I Attend A Military Boarding School In Colorado?
If you attend a military boarding school in Colorado doesn’t mean you should become a soldier.
What Is The Age Requirement For Military School In Colorado?
The age requirement for military school in Colorado depends on the specific military academy you are applying to. Below are the military schools in Colorado, the ages they accept, and other important details necessary in facilitating your admission.
Military Boarding Schools in Colorado And Their Details
There are only two military schools in Colorado and they have been discussed here. Read through to know if it suits you or your child. The military academies are:
- Colorado Military Academy
- The United States Air Force Academy
1. Colorado Military Academy
Colorado Military Academy is one of the military boarding schools in Colorado. It is a public charter school means it is tuition-free and won’t be paying any charges. The academy admits students through grades K-12 training them in STEM and developing them to become strong leaders of character.
The school is divided into Elementary (K-6) and Secondary (7-11). It is also home to a Creative Learning Systems SmartLab for students to explore robotics, software engineering, mechanics and structures, circuitry, scientific data and analysis, alternative energy, computer graphics, and digital media arts.
Students are encouraged to engage in extracurricular activities such as football, wrestling, basketball, and volleyball.
2. the United States Air Force Academy
The United States Air Force Academy was established in 1954 as a military academy for officer cadets of the United States Air Force and the U.S Space Force. This is an academy that offers college programs that leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. If you want to pursue a college degree and still become an officer in four years then you may want to consider applying for the United States Air Force Academy.
You can start applying while a senior in high school or after you have graduated high school. When you graduate from a four-year program at the academy, you will receive a bachelor’s degree and be commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S Air Force or U.S. Space Force. Both men and women are accepted and as a cadet, you receive tuition, room and board, and a monthly stipend to settle your cost of living.
There are certain requirements that you must meet to get accepted they are:
- The age bracket of 17 to 23 years old
- Be a US citizen, unmarried, and with no dependents
- Be of good moral character
- Must have completed high school with four years of English, maths and science, three years of social studies, two years of a foreign language, and one year of computer study.
- Pass the physical fitness test
However, students who simply want to pursue a traditional college degree as civilians will have to pay for tuition and there are scholarships available for everyone.
These are the two military schools in Colorado, just a high school and a college, which can help you decide your future. Follow the links to learn more about the schools and also contact the admissions department if you do have any questions that aren’t provided here.
I hope this article has been helpful in facilitating your admission. Good luck with your application
- 6 Military Boarding Schools in Alabama
- 5 Military Boarding Schools in Florida
- Top 13 Scholarships For Returning Students
- 50+ Best Medical Schools in the US for Different Specialties
- 13 Colleges That Waive Math Requirements
- 10 Best Autism Programs in Public Schools