Have you been looking for Scholarships for Short People, and haven’t found one yet? You are in luck because you just bumped into an article that has a lot to say about it!
Someone that is below the average height of humans is considered to be short. Most short people feel inferior when in the midst of their peers that is either average in height or tall.
Most times, the height of a person limits the individual from participating in important duties like military service or jobs that require tall persons. Due to the limited opportunities for short people, they always lose hope of getting such opportunities.
But this article is coming our way to let us know that there are opportunities for short people such as scholarship opportunities. There are specific criteria for applying for this scholarship, and they will all be talked about in this article. There are also scholarship opportunities for tall people.
While applying for scholarships for tall people, you can also apply for scholarships for MBA abroad if you want to pursue an MBA degree in another country or if you are a woman, you can apply for scholarships for women and so on. Just ensure that you fit the criteria for any scholarship that you are applying for.
Before we get into the main topic, let’s about the possibility of getting a scholarship as a left-handed person.
Can you get a scholarship for being left-handed?
Yes, there are a good number of great scholarship opportunities for left-handed people. I found it quite surprising that there were such scholarships, as I am left-handed! Are you thinking what I’m thinking? That’s by the way for now. Let’s make a list of these scholarships below;
- Andrew Macrina Scholarship Fund
- Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship
- Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship
- ESA Foundation Scholarship Program
- Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship
- Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Scholarship
- Frank J. Richter Scholarship Award
- John Kitt Memorial Scholarship
- James River Church Left-Handed Scholarship
- James Beard Foundation National Scholarships
- Michael Yasick ADHD Scholarship
- Ken C. Hicks Scholarship Program
- Lawyers Plus Southpaw Scholarship
- Rick Chace Foundation Scholarship
- Pickard Parry PFAU Southpaw Scholarship
- MRCA Foundation Left-Handed Scholarship
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibody Scholarship
- Students Rising Above Scholarships
- Shaw-Worth Memorial Scholarship
- Wendy Jackson Hall Memorial Scholarship
Now that we have seen that there are Scholarships for left-handed people, let’s get into the main topic, which is Scholarships for Short People.
Scholarships for Short People
There are a few scholarship opportunities available for short people. I will be making a list of them and talking about them one after another. They are as follows;
- Little People of America Scholarship
- Billy Barty Foundation Scholarship
- Cappex Easy College Money Scholarship
- Ellen Highland Fernandez Scholarship For Graduate Studies
1. Little People of America Scholarship
This is the first on our list of scholarships for short people. Little People of America (LPA) is a nonprofit organization that provides support and information to people of short stature and their families. LPA is only able to continue their work with support from members, friends, and family.
Amount: $250 to $1000
Deadline: May 31
Eligibility: Maximum height of 4′ 10″
Application Requirements: Members of the LPA are given preference for scholarships
2. Billy Barty Foundation Scholarship
The Billy Barty Foundation is one of the most well-known organizations advocating for individuals with dwarfism. It is the next on our list of Scholarships for short people.
Billy Barty Scholarships are awarded annually, funded by earnings from the foundation’s celebrity golf tournament. Qualified applicants are enrolled in colleges and universities, and are required to prove they have a “medical form of dwarfism.”
3. Cappex Easy College Money Scholarship
The Cappex scholarship is available to all students pursuing a college degree. This scholarship is not exclusive to short people. There is no minimum GPA requirement, and no essay required to apply. This scholarship is a monthly award.
Grade Eligibility: Enrolled in high school or college or planning to enroll in the next 12 months
GPA Requirements: None
Deadline: December 31, 2022
You’ll need to create a Cappex account to submit your application
4. Ellen Highland Fernandez Scholarship For Graduate Studies
This scholarship for short people is the last on our list. Applicant must be obtaining a Master’s or Ph.D. degree and enrolled for the 2020-21 school year. Must be a member of LPA with a medically diagnosed form of dwarfism or have immediate family members of dwarfs who are paid members of LPA or must be a person with dwarfism who is not a member of LPA.
Provided By: Little People of America
Amount: $250 to $1,000
Education Level: Graduate and Ph.D. Candidate
Although these Scholarships may be few, you can harness any one of them, apply when the opportunity comes, and see yourself achieving your academic goals!
- Scholarships for Graduate Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for People with Glasses
- Scholarships for Disabled International Students in USA
- Law School Scholarships For Disabled Students
- Christian Scholarships for International Students