The Seoul National University fees for international students coming into the undergraduate, master’s, and doctorate degree programs have been provided here. Students from other countries who want to school here will get to know the tuition fees of each program.
As a prospective international student, you need to be able to conduct in-depth research on the school you want to attend. This would allow you to gather information and learn about the necessary things like admission requirements, programs offered, tuition fees, curriculum, teaching methods, and many more.
Gaining knowledge of this information will then facilitate your admission application. In fact, you even need to get information on the country you are aspiring to study in. As the economic situation, crime rate, how friendly the people are, and so on. These are very vital detail and would help you in making a good decision.
In this article, we will be discussing the Seoul National University, fees, and application requirements for international students. These details will let you learn more about the school and deeply help you consider whether it is actually the right place for you.
Since the university offers a wide range of academic programs in bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees, we have also given the specific tuition fee of each of the programs. Let’s get down to it.
About Seoul National University
There are 10 flagship Korean national universities and the Seoul National University is one of them. It was established in 1946 as a national research university. The university has three campuses, Gwanak Main Campus, Yeongeon Medical Campus, and Pyeongchang Campus.
The vision of SNU is to foster global convergence talent, build an innovative knowledge ecosystem, create knowledge-based social values, and establish a foundation for sustainable university development.
SNU is home to 15 colleges that offer various undergraduate degree programs, these colleges are:
- College of Humanities
- College of Social Science
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Liberal Studies
- College of Human Ecology
- College of Music
- College of Engineering
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Veterinary Medicine
Inside these colleges are departments that cut across various disciplines ranging from philosophy and business administration to aerospace engineering and nuclear engineering. These departments combined offer more than 50 programs in undergraduate studies all of which are taught in English.
There are also 9 interdisciplinary programs for undergraduates all of which are also offered in English aside from artificial intelligence and system semiconductor engineering for AI which aren’t taught in English.
See a list of all undergraduate departments and programs offered here.
Furthermore, SNU has just one Graduate School that offers 106 programs across five fields of study leading to master’s and doctorate degrees. None of these programs are taught in English.
The five fields of study are;
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
There are also more than 20 interdisciplinary programs.
To see all the graduate programs, click here.
And finally, there are 12 Professional Graduate Schools with 16 departments across different disciplines. All the professional programs are taught in English, the 12 graduate schools are;
- Graduate School of Public Health
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- Graduate School of Environmental Studies
- Graduate School of International Studies
- School of Dentistry
- Graduate School of Business
- College of Medicine
- School of Law
- Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology
- Graduate School of International Agriculture Technology
- Graduate School of Engineering Practice
- Graduate School of Data Science
Unlike the undergraduate and graduate schools, the professional graduate school does not offer any interdisciplinary program. To see all the departments and programs offered, click here.
SNU offers scholarships to undergraduate and graduate applicants who are able to meet the requirements.
Seoul National University International Students Requirements
These are the documents and requirements you need to have and meet to facilitate your admission into Seoul National University. This is very crucial to your acceptance, therefore, carefully read through.
- International applicants must have a student visa or student permit
- High school transcripts and all academic transcripts from previous schools attended
- If you are enrolling in an English-taught program then you need to submit the test score of an English proficiency test such as IELTS or TOEFL but this is only for applicants from non-English speaking countries or whose mother’s first language isn’t English.
- Applicants enrolling in the Korean-taught programs must take a Korean proficiency test such as TOPIK and submit a test score.
- Letters of recommendation from former teachers, professors, and/or employers
- Statement of purpose
- CV or resume
- Birth certificate
- Application form
- Application form
- Get the Certificate of Facts from the immigration office of Korea concerning the entry and exit
- Financial proof that you or your parents have more than $10,000 in the bank
All documents should either be in English or Korean languages and since all documents will not be returned back to the applicants, photocopies of all documents submitted should be made.
Steps to Apply to Seoul National University for International Students
Applying to Seoul National University is done online both for international and domestic students. It is an easy step that can be done in minutes once you have gathered all the necessary documents.
The steps to apply into Seoul National University for international students are;
- Visit the university website by clicking here
- Move to the Application Page through Announcements Board
- Create a new account by clicking “Sign up” and then log into your account after your account has been created and verified
- Click on “Application” and input personal information and upload a scanned file
- Proceed to input your academic information
- Input personal statement and study plan
- Pay the application fee
- Complete the online application.
This application process applies to both undergraduate and graduate applicants.
Seoul National University Undergraduate Fees for International Students
Here, we have outlined all available undergraduate programs at SNU and their fees for international students.
|Agriculture and Life Sciences|
|Pharmacy||4 Year Program|
|Liberal Studies||(first-year students)||2,996,000|
These tuition fees are only for one semester.
Note that those who register the first time after admission will be charged an additional admission fee of 169,000 KRW. Students in the 2nd year or higher in the College of Liberal Studies will be charged with different tuition according to their chosen major.
Seoul National University Graduate Fees for International Students
SNU offers graduate and professional graduate programs and below are their tuition fees.
|Agriculture and Life Sciences|
Professional Graduate Programs
|School of Law||All||6,696,000|
|Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology||All||4,047,000|
|School of Medicine||All||5,340,000|
|School of Dentistry||All||8,540,000|
The tuition fees are per semester, annual tuition is double them and additional fees will be charged for those who register first time after admission.
All tuition fees are in Korean Won (KRW), to know what they cost in USD or your local currency, simply use a currency converter. This concludes the article on Seoul National University fees for international students and I hope it has been helpful.
Does Seoul National University accept foreign students?
SNU offers admission to foreign students who have applied to the school and met the admission requirements of the school and the program they have applied to.
- 11 Cheapest Universities in South Korea for International Students
- Top 10 Korean Universities for International Students
- Top 8 Scholarship for Theological Studies in Korea
- Best Graduate Engineering Schools in the World
- Top 15 Unclaimed Scholarships in Canada
- 13 Top Grants For Non-Traditional Students
Thaddaeus is a lead content creator at SAN with over 5 years of experience in the field of professional content creation. He has written several helpful articles for Blockchain projects in the past and even recently but since 2020, he has been more active in creating guides for students who want to study abroad.
When he's not writing, he's either watching anime, making a delicious meal, or definitely swimming.