A college degree is rapidly becoming an essential demand for white-collar jobs. Therefore, the Meridian Credit Union is offering the Sean Jackson funding for talented students.
The award is accessible for Ontario students who want to undertake the undergraduate degree coursework across Canada.
Opened in 2005, Meridian offers similar products and services to that of a big bank, with a more personal touch. They are always finding new ways to help like innovative features, community programs, fantastic service, and great rates.
$10,000 Undergraduate Meridian Sean Jackson Scholarship in Canada, 2020
- University or Organization: Meridian Credit Union
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Canada.
Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from Ontario.
Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
Scholarship Application Criteria
For being considered, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The student must be an Ontario resident.
- The student must be planning to enter their first year of study in the fall academic term at a recognized, publicly funded Canadian college or university.
- The student must have achieved an academic average of 80 percent or higher.
- The student must have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their community.
Scholarship Benefits and Application
- How to Apply: For grasping the opportunity, candidates have to enroll in the bachelor’s degree program at the Canadian university or college. Applicants have to complete the award application form.
- Supporting Documents: Provide your official transcripts, three short essays such as one 200 words (1,200 characters) essay on your post-secondary education goals, one 200 words essay on your long term career goals, one 500 words essay describing your outstanding commitment to the community and two letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: For being considered for the award, applicants must have a high school degree certificate with excellent results.
- Language Requirement: Students will need to recognized English language qualifications to be admitted to any degree program at the university if English is not your first language.
Benefits: The educational bursary will provide the award amount of $10,000 for deserving candidates.
Application Deadline: April 30.