If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you may be eligible for a W.E.B. Du Bois Fellowships which is presented by West Virginia University.
This fellowship is open to African American/Black graduate and professional students, excluding students in the Health Sciences.
West Virginia University is a large land-grant institution that offers over 220 graduate and professional programs. They also offer 350+ bachelors, masters, doctoral, and professional degree programs throughout 14 colleges and schools.
$19,000 W.E.B. Du Bois Fellowships at West Virginia University, 2020
University or Organization: West Virginia University
Course Level: Graduate degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Domestic Students
Eligible Countries: Domestic Students can apply for this application .
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any graduate degree subjects in Engineering, Science offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: Applicants must have:
- Nominees must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Nominees must be African-American/Black.
- Nominees must be incoming (Fall 2020) graduate students; students admitted for the spring 2020 and summer 2020 terms are also eligible.
- Nominees must have completed an application for on-campus, fall 2020 admission to a Ph.D. program, J.D., or a College of Creative Arts graduate program at the time the fellowship nomination is submitted.
- Nominees must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate or 5 for graduate course work.
- Note: Health Sciences doctoral students may not be nominated for this fellowship.
- How to Apply: For applying, applicants need to take admission to the university. After taking acceptance, after that, you can automatically consider this study grant.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have all previous documents, academic transcripts and certificates to apply for this study program.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a good command of the English language for the opportunity.
- The Du Bois Fellowships provide an annual stipend of $19,000, waiver of University tuition, a College tuition grant (fall and spring terms), payment of University fees, and graduate student health insurance coverage.
- Awards are paid over a 9-month period, during which time students must be enrolled full-time.
- Awards provide up to three years of funding.
- Students who are awarded this fellowship will be provided with summer University tuition waivers by request.
Application Deadline: February 9, 2020
Undergraduate | Masters | PhD | Postdoc Scholarships