This post provides a breakdown of the cheapest nursing courses in Australia for international students. This way, you can get a widely recognized nursing qualification at an affordable cost.
Australia is one of the popular study hubs among international students. The academic quality here is widely recognized and is on par with Canada and the US but unlike these two countries, education in Australia is much more affordable for international students with scholarships and other financial aid opportunities readily available to offer more support.
You can find some of the cheapest MBA in Australia for international students and other MBA scholarships in the country to further help you with tuition. These are just some of the opportunities that Australia offers to students from abroad.
Among its many recognized programs is the nursing education here which is renowned nationally and internationally as the highest level of nursing course providers.
After completing a nursing education in Australia as an international student you have the opportunity to start your nursing career in the country, earn high salaries with entry-level positions starting at $75,875 per year, and enjoy a flexible working environment in some of the cutting-edge facilities in the world.
This is an interesting opportunity that even countries like Canada and the US rarely offer to foreign students. Before we continue there are other interesting articles published on the blog that you may want to look at, like the affordable medical colleges in Australia and free universities in Australia for international students. Aspiring art students can also check the art schools in Australia to find a program that suits them.
Back to the topic, if you are aspiring to study nursing and have financial concerns or don’t want to break the bank then you should consider taking some of the cheapest nursing courses in Australia as outlined in this post. Going for these courses is an alternative to getting a quality nursing education and qualification at a cheaper rate.
These cheap nursing courses in Australia for international students are offered by some of the top medical schools in Australia for international students. They are nationally and internationally accredited, as well as the qualifications they confer, to give you employment opportunities anywhere in the world.
Before we get into the main subject matter, let us take a look at the requirements for nursing schools in Australia and their cost, to prepare you for the journey ahead.
Requirements to Study Nursing in Australia for International Students
Schools must set up entry requirements that applicants must satisfy to be considered for admission and the nursing schools in Australia are no different. Below are the requirements that international applicants must satisfy to study nursing in Australia.
- You must have completed 12 years of secondary school education or its equivalent.
- Submit high school transcripts and transcripts from other previously attended institutions
- Satisfy the English language requirement if you are a non-native English speaker. Minimum scores of 98 on TOEFL, 7.0 on IELTS, or 65 on the PTE.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting
- Proof of finance to fund your education and stay in Australia
- Valid passport for the duration of your study in Australia
- Purchase Overseas Student Health Cover
- If you are applying for a postgraduate nursing course, you must have completed a BSN and obtained your nursing license.
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- The interview may be held online via Zoom call or a normal telephone call
- Complete application form
These are the requirements for international students applying for cheap nursing courses in Australia. To get accepted, get high scores on your GPA, and IELTS, and gain relevant working experience.
Cost of Nursing Courses in Australia for International Students
The cost of nursing courses in Australia for international students varies by nursing school and degree type. It varies from AUD 4,980 to AUD 37,200 per year.
Cheapest Nursing Courses in Australia for International Students.
There are 76 universities in Australia offering various nursing courses leading to bachelor’s, master’s, And Ph.D. degrees. In this section, you will find the cheapest nursing courses in Australia for international students, the institution offering the course and the cost of the course. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
The cheapest nursing courses in Australia for international students are:
- Specialist Certificate in Cancer Nursing – The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Nursing Science – Bachelor of Midwifery – James Cook University
- Graduate Certificate of Nursing Online – James Cook University
- Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing – The University of Melbourne
- Graduate Certificate in Cancer Nursing – The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Nursing – Charles Darwin University
1. Specialist Certificate in Cancer Nursing – The University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is one of the best universities in Australia for international students and you will also find some of the most affordable nursing courses in Australia for international students. The Specialist Certificate in Cancer Nursing is a cheap nursing course with a tuition fee of AUD$5,640 for international and domestic students.
The program is offered online in a part-time study format and takes 6 months to complete. You can enroll from any part of the world and get your qualification upon completion.
2. Bachelor of Nursing Science – Bachelor of Midwifery – James Cook University
The Bachelor of Nursing Science – Bachelor of Midwifery is one of the affordable nursing programs in Australia for international students. The Good Universities Guide ranks the program #1 in Queensland for employment outcomes, # in Queensland for learner engagement, and #2 in Australia for median graduate salary.
So, aside from being an affordable program it also has a good rating in the country. It takes 4 or 5 years of full-time or part-time study to complete and the tuition is AUD$4,980 per year plus the estimated annual Commonwealth Supported Fee for a full-time study abroad.
3. Graduate Certificate of Nursing Online – James Cook University
JCU is one of the top affordable nursing schools in Australia and the Graduate Certificate of Nursing Online is another of its cheap nursing programs. The program duration is 8 months, offered in an online and part-time format, and costs AUD$2,850 per course with available fee-help.
There is a total of 4 subjects. The program has 6 entry dates annually January, March, May, July, September, and October. Aside from being cheap, it is online allowing you to join from any part of the world and the application is fast and easy.
4. Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing – The University of Melbourne
The Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing is one of the cheapest nursing programs in Australia for international students with tuition of AUD$11,280. The course is for currently practicing registered nurses looking to explore the nursing field deeper and take on more opportunities. The course is 1 year of part-time studies.
5. Graduate Certificate in Cancer Nursing – The University of Melbourne
Registered Nurses looking to specialize in the area of cancer nursing can take this program from the University of Melbourne. The Graduate Certificate in Cancer Nursing is one of the cheapest nursing programs in the country for international students with a tuition fee of AUD$11,280.
The course is online and only available part-time.
6. Bachelor of Nursing – Charles Darwin University
A BSN degree can be expensive even more than a master’s and Ph.D. nursing degrees but at Australia’s Charles Darwin University, it is affordable compared to other top schools in the US and Canada. The bachelor of nursing at this school is AUD$32,320 per year for full-time study which takes 3 years to complete.
So, these are the cheapest nursing courses and programs in Australia for international students and from here, you should be able to decide which program to pursue and the one you can afford. Do further research to learn about the application deadline and process.
Cheapest Nursing Courses in Australia – FAQs
What is the cheapest school in Australia?
The University of South Australia is the cheapest nursing school in Australia.
Is Australia a good place to study nursing?
Australia is widely recognized for specializing in nursing education and it is a great place for education.
- Best 5 Medical Schools in Cyprus
- 7 Best Accredited online colleges in Florida
- 10 Best Free Online Fashion Design Courses
- 14 Free Online Veterinary Courses with Certificates
- Universities Offering Masters In Public Health In USA
Thaddaeus is a lead content creator at SAN with over 5 years of experience in the field of professional content creation. He has written several helpful articles for Blockchain projects in the past and even recently but since 2020, he has been more active in creating guides for students who want to study abroad.
When he's not writing, he's either watching anime, making a delicious meal, or definitely swimming.