The IELTS award is attracting outstanding candidates from eligible given countries with the motivation to develop their career for the academic session 2020-2021.
There are ten awards available and aims to support students who demonstrate their ability to contribute to society through their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience
The British Council is a British organization specializing in international cultural and educational opportunities. It is a charity registered in England and Wales and Scotland and is governed by Royal Charter.
IELTS Prize funding for International Students in the UK, 2020
- Organization: British Council
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: £3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Ten
- Nationality: International
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to students from Colombia, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates or Uzbekistan.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- be 18 years or above
- live in the country you’re applying from
- have taken IELTS with British Council between January 2019 and February 2020
- have an overall IELTS band score of 5 or above
- be applying for a first-year under/graduate degree in Fall 2020/Spring 2021
- be applying to an institution that requires IELTS as part of its admission process.
- How to Apply: All the interested candidates must complete the IELTS Prize online application form and submit it together with uploaded copies of your:
- Supporting Documents: IELTS Test Report Form, recent passport size photograph, passport or identification document proving your permanent residency in one of the eligible countries and special requirements certificate (if applicable).
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a minimum overall band score of 5 and attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
The British Council will provide a prize amount of £3,000 for ten lucky IELTS test takers.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020