Scholarships for high school seniors provide financial support for high school students in paying their tuition fees, living costs, and more depending on the type of scholarship the student received. Here, we will be talking about these scholarships, their eligibility, and how you can apply for them.
What grade are you in high school? grade 9? 10? 11? or 12? No matter what grade you are in, there are many scholarship opportunities available for you and we will discuss some of them here.
Before we proceed with this topic, it will be good for you to know that students attending high schools in California, Free Online High Schools in Texas, Indiana, or high schools in any other country are open to applying for scholarships in both national and international, but you should bear in mind that if you are enrolled in part-time classes, you may not be eligible to apply.
For a favorable result, it is advisable that students start early to apply for scholarships rather than wait till their final year at high school. It is also important that applicants check through the application processes for any scholarship before they apply in order not to make an invalid application.
Applying to study abroad, here are things you need to know
Now let’s begin with listing essay scholarships for high school seniors.
5 Essay Scholarships for High School Seniors
Essay scholarships are awarded based on students’ performance, that is to say, they are merit-based. So applicants for this scholarship should be creative and bear “high performance” in mind before applying. Let’s get started.
- Making Waves Scholarship for Women
- GE-Regan Foundation Foundation Scholarship
- 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Living Well Scholarship
- Carl’s Music Matters Scholarship
Making Waves Scholarship for Women
This scholarship is established to provide financial assistance to female college-bound students from rural counties of Eastern and Middle Tennessee, it recognizes those graduating high school seniors who are the first in their families to pursue post-secondary education. The $500 “making waves” scholarship is targeted at helping women cover the costs of pursuing their dreams.
What dreams do you have? Starting up a new business? Learning a new skill? Attending college? whatever dreams you may have, this scholarship will cover your costs and make you have a smooth experience.
In order to apply, simply write an essay about how the $500 “Making Waves” Scholarship for Women will help you fulfill your dreams. Get started already and apply as they look forward to reading your essay.
Who is Eligible?
Women currently attending high school, college, technical/vocational, or graduate school are eligible to apply. Homeschooled students are also eligible.
Application deadline: August 31st.
2. GE-Regan Foundation Scholarship
This GE-Regan Foundation scholarship is laid in honor of the legacy and character of the US 40th president. It rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Several applicants receive this scholarship which is worth $10,000 each year and can be renewed for up to three years. This scholarship is only for undergraduate study and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board.
- You must demonstrate attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship.
- You must show strong academic performance
- You must be an American citizen
- You must be a current high school senior attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible)
- You must plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
2023 Application for this scholarship will open in the fall of 2022, click here to sign up for notifications. Good luck!
3. 10x Digital Marketing Scholarship
This scholarship will cover $2,000 of the tuition fees of undergraduate students studying either a business, tech, marketing, or communication degree program.
- You must be a college undergraduate student
- You must be majoring or plans to major in a field related to digital marketing
- You must plan to take at least 10 credit hours during the Spring 2023 semester
How to Apply
To apply, You should write an essay of 500 words on each of the following:
Digital marketing trends are changing the way we market to consumers. In your opinion, which 5 digital marketing trends are paving the way for 2022 and why? Give detailed examples of each.
- Separately, include a narrative (2 paragraphs max) of why you are deserving of this scholarship.
4. Living Well Scholarship
The living well scholarship is open to US citizens or permanent legal residents who are high school seniors, undergraduate students, or graduate students focused on living healthy lifestyles.
The scholarship encourages healthy living, stressing the need to keep clean whatever thing it is that goes into the body. The Living Well Scholarship will support someone who goes above and beyond to have a positive impact on themselves and the world around them.
The value of this scholarship worths $500.
Why do you believe clean living is important?
How do you incorporate clean living practices into your daily life?
You must be a US citizen or permanent resident and either a high school senior student, an undergraduate, or a graduate student.
Living Well Scholarship application deadline: November 15, 2022.
5. Carl’s Music Matters Scholarship
Most time pursuing a career in music can be so difficult for students, and this might make them forsake their interest in music and pursue another career that seems easier to break through. This scholarship sets to break this barrier by encouraging high school students to pursue music so they can achieve their creative goals.
If you are an aspiring musician in high school you can apply for this scholarship by submitting a short video.
In your video, talk about adversity you have faced and how you overcame it. Also, talk about your relationship with music and what it means to you.
This scholarship is valued at $500.
Local Scholarships for High School Seniors
Local scholarships are scholarships that are targeted at a small group of applicants, usually within a community, and sponsored or provided by that same community. These kinds of scholarships are easier to get because they receive a lower number of applications.
- Burger Kings Scholars Programs
- The You First Foundation Scholarship
- BLM² Scholarship Foundation
- The Gate Scholarship
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
1. Burger Kings Scholars Programs
Burger King McLamore Foundation established in 2005 is the charitable offshoot of the BURGER KING System. The foundation in conjunction with the Burger King Corporation employees, franchisees, suppliers, and guests, has been able to make a positive impact in the communities in which we work and live.
Today the Foundation nurses the BURGER KING℠ Scholars program and the BK℠ Family Fund. This is in order to help employees’ spouses or other domestic partners, their children, and high school in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada in continuing their education.
Integrity, high standards, entrepreneurial spirit, good citizenship, and education were the values that defined BURGER KING® brand co-founder James W. McLamore, and these same values are the core of the BURGER KING® Foundation, which will continue to build on his legacy and his commitment to education.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship America®. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
The value of awards is determined annually based on the number of funds raised by participating Franchisees. Awards are not renewable and can be deferred.
Applicants for this scholarship must;
- Be living in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, or Canada
- Be graduating high school seniors (U.S., Puerto Rico, or Guam), graduating from grade 12 (Canada), or graduating from home school education in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, or Canada
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Plan to enroll full-time, without interruption, for the entire 2022-23 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school or CEGEP or equivalent in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, or Canada.
Burger King Foundation application deadline: December 31st. Please note that the application will be closed if 50,000 applications are received before December
Click here to go to the scholarships page for full details about eligibility, requirements, and application processes. Good luck!
2. The You First Foundation
The You First Foundation is a charitable organization that is on a mission to improve the lives and educational opportunities of those affected by traumatic medical events.
Each year they award deserving students with scholarships up to $6,000, and today, they have awarded more than $203,588 dollars in scholarships.
This scholarship is open to students of all ages affected by traumatic medical events, but for an applicant to be eligible, he/she must meet the following qualification criteria.
To be qualified for this scholarship, applicants must;
- Be a resident of Texas
- Be a high graduate or GED recipient
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited two or four-year college, university, or vocational school within the united states. (part-time and full-time students may apply)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.7
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Provide high or GED transcripts
- If applicable, provide a college, university, or vocational school transcript
For other details, visit the scholarship page
3. BLM² Scholarship Foundation
The BLM² Scholarship Foundation program is designed to address the financial needs of minority college students and award outstanding high school graduates who plan to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited, four-year college or university with financial assistance.
For an applicant to be eligible for this scholarship, he/she must;
- Be a minority ( e.g. African American, Pacific America, Hispanic).
- Be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university within the United States.
- Be a permanent US citizen.
- Hold a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or more.
- be enrolled as a full-time student during the Fall Academic Semester of the Award.
While applying for this scholarship, you will be required to respond to two essay questions. Your essay responses should have a minimum of 1,000 but should not exceed 2,500 words.
This scholarship application will be open from the 16th of Jan, 2023.
BLM² scholarship deadline: July 3rd, 2023.
4. The Gate Scholarship
The Gates Scholarship is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
This scholarship will cover the full cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs) that is not already covered by other financial aid or family contribution as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Applicants who have outstanding academic records in high school demonstrated leadership abilities (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities), and exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.) are considered as ideal candidates, therefore have higher chances of being awarded.
The Coca-Cola Scholarship is valued at $20,000.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must
- Be a current high school or home-schooled student attending a school in the US or at selected DoD schools.
- Planning to enroll for a degree at an accredited U.S post-secondary institution.
- Able to verify a minimum B/3.0 in high school coursework.
Coca-Cola scholarship deadline: Oct 31st, 2022
Every one of the scholarships we listed in this post is open to high school seniors, so if you are in this category you can apply for any of these scholarships to support your education financially. Before you apply, remember to view eligibility and other requirements (if any) in order for you not to make an invalid application.
Scholarships for High School Seniors-FAQs
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”How Do I Qualify for A Merit-Based Scholarship?” answer-0=”Qualifying for a merit-based scholarships will require you to meet the outlined criteria for that scholarship. It could be meeting the set GPA, showing great leaderships abilities, having good athletic skills and more. If an applicant qualifies for a merit-based scholarship, he/she will recieve the award on the point of admission application into the instituiton/school.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”Are there Fully Funded Scholarships for High School Seniors?” answer-1=”Yes, there are fully funded scholarships for high school seniors, but most times they are difficult to get because hey are highly compeitive” image-1=”” count=”2″ html=”true” css_class=””]