This article contains details and application links of the top paying scholarships for pastors all over the world. If you meet the requirements of any of these scholarships, you can apply directly.
Before someone becomes a pastor or priest in any religious setting, that person must pass through ministerial training at a theological institute. In some cases, the person may not necessarily undergo the training at an institute but under the church that the pastor wants to serve in.
Many people who have the calling to serve God as pastors or priests do not have funding to go to theological or bible schools in order to be trained. Training in a theological institute is not actually free as it requires fees for tuition, books, accommodation, etc.
It is for this reason that we have compiled the top-paying scholarships for pastors worldwide to enable anyone seeking to be a priest to study in a theological fo free.
Listed below are the top-paying scholarships for pastors all over the world:
- Ida V. Holland Missionary Scholarship
- Educating Africans For Christ Scholarships
- ELCA International Scholarships
- Randall University Christian Ministry Full Education Scholarship
- The Christian International Scholarship Foundation Grants
- Theological Education Fund for Women Scholarships
- Student scholarship at Barclay College
- Weston Jesuit School of Theology Defreitas Scholarship
- Catholic Theological Union Scholarships
- Wesley Biblical Seminary Scholarships
- B. .J. Dean Scholarship Fund
- Pan African School of Theology Scholarship
Ida V. Holland Missionary Scholarship
Every year, San Antonio Area Foundation provides the Ida V. Holland Missionary Scholarship to residents of Bexar County, Texas who wish to serve God as seminarians and missionaries.
The scholarship covers the cost of their tuition and other fees throughout the duration of their studies. In addition, the number and amount of the scholarship vary.
- Applicants must be between 18 to 24 years of age.
- Candidates will have to attend Moody School or one of equal standing.
- Applicants should be studying missionary work (ministry or Christian education).
- Candidates must be residents of Bexar County, Texas, U.S.A.
To apply for this financial aid, send your application in writing to First Presbyterian Church; Lindsay Blackmon; 404 N. Alamo; San Antonio, TX 78205.
Winners of the award will be determined by a selection committee.
Educating Africans For Christ Scholarships
Educating Africans for Christ (EAFC) is a non-profit ministry that is funded by donations from individuals. The foundation was set up to support people who have God’s calling to do His work.
EAFC collaborates with churches all over Africa to offer financial aids to students who are under training at theological institutions. It is one of the top-paying scholarships for pastors all over the world.
The scholarship amount covers the cost of tuition only. Additionally, the scholarship amount is sent directly to the recipient’s institution and the amount varies based on the degree level.
ELCA International Scholarships
The ELCA is designed to enable church leaders to acquire advanced training in areas of work that the church takes part in such as theology, health care, development, etc.
Upon completion of the training, recipients will return back to their home country so as to work in a position delegated by the companion church. The financial award is one of the highest paying scholarships for pastors worldwide.
- Candidates will have to be active members of a church or institution that has a partnership with the ELCA.
- Applicants must be willing to pursue advanced graduate-level programs in theology or other church-related fields not available in their home country.
- Candidates should not be citizens or permanent residents in the U.S.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country after graduation to work in a position designated by the companion church.
NOTE: Applicants are required to submit their applications through their home churches and not directly to the ELCA Global Mission.
Randall University Christian Ministry Full Education Scholarship
Randall University provides full-tuition financial aids to students pursuing a diploma or degree in Christian Ministry programs. Programs of study include pastoral ministry, youth and family ministry, ministry and business, intercultural studies (missions), theology, and music & worship.
This scholarship will cover the cost of tuition, accommodation, books, etc for the recipient’s duration of study at Randall University.
The Christian International Scholarship Foundation Grants
The Christian International Scholarship Foundation, otherwise known as CISF is offered to select Christian leaders to fund their doctoral studies. This financial aid is available to anyone from different parts of the world.
Upon completion of their doctoral degree programs, these select elders go on to become presidents or deans of a recognized Bible College or seminary; or senior faculty members of a similar organization; or Executive Directors of a relief organization; or national leaders of their denomination.
The majority of CISF recipients study at Fuller Theological Seminary or Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Other beneficiaries study at Trinity Theological Seminary in Singapore, China Graduate School of Theology in Hong Kong, or Oxford Center for Mission Studies in England.
The worth of the scholarship is $10,000 per year and it is renewable for four years.
Theological Education Fund for Women Scholarships (WARC)
Theological Education Fund for Women Scholarships, otherwise known as WARC is offered to women preparing to be ordained as priests.
The award aims to increase the number of women in the ordained ministry and to help them function from a wide network of Reformed churches in the South. By so doing, they will build their capacity for effective partnership in God’s mission.
Beneficiaries of the WARC pursue a first degree or a diploma degree at a seminary or college in their home country or region. WARC is one of the top-paying scholarships for pastors worldwide.
The scholarship is need-based and it covers partial or full costs.
- Applicants must be women who are willing to pursue a first degree/diploma in theology (Certificate, Diploma, and Bachelor of Divinity) towards ordained ministry.
- Candidates will have to provide a detailed statement of need, other funding sources, and information on the institution of study.
- Applicants will have to provide a budget including tuition fee, food, accommodation, travel, books, etc.
- Candidates must state the duration of their studies.
Student scholarship at Barclay College
Barclay College offers financial aid to students preparing for effective Christian life, service, and leadership. Through the college’s commitment to helping students with God’s calling, Barclay College offers aid to qualified students that cover every cost of their education.
As one of the bible school full scholarships for international students, Barclay College has been helping students over the years to pursue their studies without paying tuition.
- Applicants must be enrolled for full-time studies at Barclay College prior to application
- Candidates should possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.3 or higher and an SAT score of 430 (writing) or higher or an ACT score of 18 or higher.
Weston Jesuit School of Theology Defreitas Scholarship
Every year, Weston Jesuit School of Theology offers financial aids to international students from all over the world.
The scholarship enables these students to pursue either M.Div., Th.M., S.T.L., or S.T.D. programs. Upon completion of the program, recipients will return to their home countries for ministerial activities.
The financial award comes in full- and partial-tuition. Beneficiaries receiving the full-tuition aid will be required to secure a minimum of $6,000 every year for other expenses.
Catholic Theological Union Scholarships
The Catholic Theological Union offers a host of scholarship programs to persons wishing to be a minister in the Christian ministry.
This union provides the General Scholarship fund, the Tolton Scholars Program, Romero Scholars Program, and Bernardin Scholars Program.
The General Scholarship Fund is designed for laymen, laywomen, and religious women who wish to offer their services for the work of God and the church. Financial aids are offered for up to 40 percent of laymen and laywomen while 20 percent of awards are offered to religious women.
Scholarships for pastors that are available within the General Scholarship Fund include:
- McAuley Scholarship Fund (for women studying for the ministry)
- Stuhlmueller Scholarship Fund (for biblical spirituality students)
- Geaney Scholarship Fund (for ay students of ministry)
- International Women’s Scholarship Fund (for women from Third World countries seeking credentials for Catholic ministry in their countries).
Wesley Biblical Seminary Scholarships
Wesley Biblical Seminary offers students two scholarships including Martin Case for United Methodist Ministers for DMin Ph.D. students and Shepherd Project International Scholarship.
As one of the scholarships for pastors, the Shepherd Project International Scholarship is designed to equip capable church leaders doing ministry in their own countries.
Beneficiaries will receive full-tuition scholarships for an online international Master of Arts in Christian Studies. However, beneficiaries will have to pay the cost of books, a $100 confirmation fee, and a $200 graduation fee when they complete the program.
- Candidates should maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0. However, applicants who do not maintain a CGPA of 3.0 will be given the grace of 12 credit hours to recover the minimum CGPA.
- Applicants must take a minimum of 12 credit hours in the programs enrolled, for each academic year.
B. J. Dean Scholarship Fund
The B. J. Dean Scholarship Fund is available to women who are preparing for full-time Christian ministry and persons who wish to be ordained as priests to serve in any denomination.
Applicants must be females who are residents of Tennessee or Texas and must be pursuing post-graduate degrees at a university in the state.
The scholarship is based on need and the amount varies. Candidates should note that the application deadline is March 15 annually.
Pan African School of Theology Scholarship
The Pan African School of Theology is a private post-secondary institution in Kenya that offers university-level programs in theology-related fields.
This institution offers scholarship opportunities to persons who wish to become evangelists, biblical scholars, and Christian leaders. These persons will be passionate and equipped to lead the congregation in the church of God.