Here’s everything you need to know about the Agbami scholarship for Nigerian students, the full requirements, application process and links, worth, eligibility criteria and selection process.
Agbami Scholarship is one of the most consistent scholarships in Nigeria. It is usually a battle of brainy intellectuals in most Nigerian universities who seek additional financial aid aside from the one entitled to them by their guardians or also indigent students who are struggling to push through school.
The Agbami scholarship program is fully sponsored by all companies involved in the Agbami oil field especially Star Deep Water, a Chevron Company organizes the Agbami scholarship. It is not a scholarship that is so impossible to get anyway but then it is still possible for people to make mistakes even in the smallest things which is why this guide is here to guide you through.
The scholarship test format covers the following areas:
- Verbal reasoning
- Verbal comprehension
- Numerical reasoning
- Abstract Reasoning
- Intelligence Quotient test
- Current affairs
How much is Agbami scholarship worth?
The Agbami scholarship is one of the steadiest scholarships in Nigeria. It is worth a certain amount anyway. For engineering students, the scholarship is a hundred thousand Naira, while for medical students, it is two hundred thousand Naira.
Who can apply for Agbami scholarship in Nigeria?
Graciously, the Agbami scholarship is open to undergraduates in 100 and 200 levels respectively. This year, students who wish to apply for this scholarship must have gained admission into the university in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 academic session for either of the levels listed above.
However, that is not to say that all students of the levels mentioned earlier can apply for this scholarship; the scholarship focuses on engineering and medical students especially although students in departments somewhat related to health and engineering can be considered.
What CGPA do I need to apply for this scholarship?
For intending applicants, the minimum CGPA the Agbami scholarship board expects of her students is 3.5 which is the minimum second class grade point in most universities where the grading system is based on a scale of 0.1 to 5.0 students whose CGPA are below this point may have an issue with getting through successfully with the application and selection process.
When does Agbami Scholarship application start?
Well, the last application deadline for the Agbami scholarship was on 30th October last year. The scholarship board has opened the opportunity for students to start their application right away. The scholarship starts as early as March every year as soon as new college intakes/ freshmen settle down to school.
Agbami Scholarship full requirements for Nigerians
Every scholarship application process abides by certain rules which mandate students to provide some documents which qualify them for the application of such. In the case of the Agbami scholarship, before trying to apply for the scholarship, it is important that you note the following documents as they’ll qualify you to be able to apply.
- A 450px by 450px white background passport photograph of not less than 3 months old. (not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O’level result
- JAMB result
- Local government Area letter of identification
How to apply for the Agbami scholarship in Nigeria?
To apply for the scholarship, follow the prompt below:
- Check the website
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload and as well ensure they are appropriately named to avoid mixing up the documents.
- Click on Register/login to create an account or log in to your scholastic account. New applicants should proceed to their respective emails to activate their account.
- After activation of your account, click on scholastica.ng/schemes/agbami
- Upload your information after you must have input your email and password.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification number (if available), educational information, other information and then upload scanned copies pf your documents
- If the names on your documents varies in any way whatsoever, upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise
- View your documents again after uploading them to avoid unwanted errors.
- Upload your passport photograph when it is required.
- Recheck your application again to avoid errors and then return to the home page. Click on the scheme you wish to apply and click “apply now” to submit information
- You will receive a notification of successful application on your screen but If you still have doubts you can click on “my application” under the “my account” section on your profile account
- Now return to scholastica.ng to enter your email and password to download your verification profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document
- Then upload a scanned copy of the signed verification profile, so that it can be used for verification
- Return to scholastica.ng/schemes/agbami and update application with National Identification Number(NIN) to ensure completion.
Tips to win the Agbami Undergraduate Scholarship
- Take appropriate care when filling the form, because once you’ve submitted the application, you cannot make any correction again. A little mistake that could have easily be avoided can hinder one from getting the scholarship.
- Read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested without missing out on some.
- Apply Early enough: Most students wait till they hear that the deadline is the next day before they start the application process. In life, he who comes first gets served first. Your early application will go a very long way in helping you get picked by the board.
- Don’t apply through any representative in your campus or hometown. All applications are required to be done online.
- You should be responsible for the correctness of your details, take time to ensure everything is correct
- Believe that you’ll be shortlisted, go the extra mile and buy past questions or get it from friends or anywhere you can and then start studying immediately.
- Get a mentor: this could be someone who has already gone through the process that you’re about to go through, learn from them. Knowledge comes as goes by and to succeed sometimes in some aspects of life, we might need to cultivate the willingness to positively learn from people.
- Understand each stage of the scholarship: from the application process till you must have passed through a lot of scrutiny, apply wisdom. Don’t take any stage for granted. Study, study, study.
- Even after you must have gotten the scholarship award, maintain a very good CGPA. Failure to show a good CGPA might lead to termination of the scholarship as the board might begin to see you as not serious.
Conclusively, Agbami scholarship could just have that opportunity you’ve been praying for. All you might need to need to do is to take the bold step. A lot of people like to watch from afar: that is no life. Get up and go get your victory.
While applying for this scholarship, take appropriate measures in order not to make any mistake that might jeopardize your chances of getting the scholarship. Prepare for this scholarship if you applied as though you’re preparing for an international board exam, there’s never been anyone who became successful just by luck, you’ve got to do something. Step out today!