Do you find answers to bible trivia questions hard? We created a bible quiz that can help you understand the Bible better and clarify certain biblical events that may have been confusing you.
The Bible is the holy book of the Christians and contains many historical events dating some 3,000 years back, and is the most popular historical book ever sold. It also holds messages from old prophets, God, his son, Jesus Christ, and many of His apostles.
As a book with ancient recordings and also very important to Christians, it is important that Christians have good knowledge of the Holy Book’s content. Even pastors need to have very good knowledge of God’s word through the Bible. Some go as far as getting pastoral certificates online, to advance their knowledge of the Bible. These online certificates can be gotten, after taking courses from different online platforms like Alison, edX, Coursera, and a host of other online platforms.
We created an online bible trivia questions and answers quiz that you can take in about 10 minutes and obtain your performance result immediately. You can share your performance score with your fellow bible scholars and invite them to take the quiz too. You can also know about the most accurate bible translations as a bible scholar, and if you do not want to be confused or have doubts about your Bible beliefs, you can check out some bible translations to avoid.
If you think you understand the Bible well enough, we are calling on you to put it to the test by engaging in these bible trivia questions and getting their answers correctly. It is also a good way of learning about the bible as a Christian, understanding and acquiring certain knowledge of the bible to share with others.
The bible trivia questions and answers are designed for group (friends & family), and individual bible studies. It can be used for Sunday school, teaching the young ones about the Christian faith and helping them understand it better.
This isn’t only for Christian or church use alone, it is also for individuals and those searching for knowledge or beginning to study the bible. For beginners, you may find some of these bible trivia questions hard and that is why we provide the correct answers at the end of the quiz so you can learn too..
You can also use them as quizzes in bible study classes or Sunday school classes to inspire and teach members.
Bible Trivia Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
If you are new to bible study, you may not even understand what bible trivia questions and answers may mean but you can take the online bible quiz below to test your knowledge of the bible and obtain a score of your performance right immediately.
More Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
- Question: What was Paul’s other name?
Answer: Saul of Tarsus
- Question: While on the road to Gaza, an apostle shared the Gospel with an Ethiopian officer what is the apostle’s name?
- Question: Peter raised a woman named Dorcas from the dead. True or False?
- Question: Where did Peter stay during his ministry in the city of Joppa?
Answer: In the house of Simon the Tanner.
- Question: What did Peter’s vision about the unclean animals mean?
Answer: That all people can be made clean through Jesus.
- Question: Which two birds did Noah send out of the ark as messengers?
Answer: Raven and dove
- Question: Lebanon was popular for which kind of tree?
Answer: Cedar tree
- Question: In what manner did Stephen die?
Answer: He was stoned to death
- Question: What illness was Mephibosheth suffering from?
Answer: He was lame
- Question: The names of Abraham’s brothers were?
Answer: Haran and Nahor
- Question: At the time of Jesus’ birth, which Roman was in charge of cultivation in Syria?
- Question: Apostle Paul on the Areopagus or the execution of Jacob, which happened first?
Answer: The execution of Jacob
- Question: Who was Bernice
Answer: The wife of King Agrippa
- Question: What was the name of Priscilla’s husband?
- Question: What was Aquilla’s job?
Answer: He was a tentmaker
- Question: The goddess of Ephesus who was worshiped the most, what was her name?
- Question: Who was Ahasveros?
Answer: A Persian kind, Xerxes 1
- Question: What was the name of the great-grandson of Boa?
- Question: What is the name of Moses’ wife
- Question: Timotheus’s grandmother was called?
- Question: What does Jahwe-Schammah mean?
Answer: God himself/Ezekiel 48,35
- Question: When was the Passover feast celebrated?
Answer: The 14th day of the first month
- Question: Where did Jacob call the place where he fought God?
- Question: Peter’s first letter was addressed to who?
Answer: Dispersed strangers
- Question: What was the name of Job’s mother?
- Question: Ezra had what job position in Israel?
Answer: Land cultivator
- Question: What were the two columns called on the temple built by Solomon?
Answer: Jakin and Boas
- Question: Paul left his coat where?
Answer: He left it in Troas, Carpus.
- Question: What was shown on the high priest’s headband?
Answer: Holiness of Jahwe
- Question: How many years went by before Paul moved back to Jerusalem?
Answer: 14 years
- Question: What spirit possessed the girl in Philippi
Answer: A python spirit
- Question: Where can the 10 commandments be found in the Bible?
Answer: Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5
- Question: What are the nine (9) fruits of the Holy Spirit?
Answer: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.
- Question: Where in the bible can you find the Lord’s prayer?
Answer: Matthew 6
- Question: Who went with Paul on his early missionary journey?
- Question: What was the name of the woman who hid the spies at Jericho?
- Question: What reward did Jesus say the twelve apostles would get for leaving everything and following him?
Answer: He said they’d sit in twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel
- Question: After Solomon’s rule, what happened to the kingdom?
Answer: It split into two
- Question: What tribe of Israel received no inheritance of the land
Answer: The tribe of Levites
- Question: Who was Abraham’s nephew?
- Question: Which missionary was described as having known the holy scriptures from an early age?
- Question: Who escorted the slave with the letter to Philemon?
- Question: Before King Nebuchadnezzar was restored as king, what happened to him?
Answer: He went mad and lived as a beast
- Question: Who was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, the high priest at the time of Jesus’ death?
- Question: What did Melchizedek give to Abram?
Answer: Bread and wine
- Question: According to the Gospels, which literary genre does Jesus implement to help preach his message?
Answer: The parable
- Question: How does Judas notify the Roman Officials of Jesus’ identity?
Answer: Judas kisses Jesus
- Question: What are the two tribes not named after the sons of Jacob?
Answer: Manasseh and Ephraim
- Question: Who requested the body of Jesus for burial?
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea
- Question: How did Samson die?
Answer: Pushing over the temple pillars, killing himself and many Philistines.
- Question: Ananias and Sapphira died after lying to the Apostles about their offering. True or False?
- Question: How many deacons were chosen to help the apostles to distribute food to widows?
- Question: Jesus would sometimes “spit” as part of his healing miracles. True or False?
Answer: True. The Bible describes him spitting three times.
- Question: How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus came to visit?
Answer: Four days.
- Question: Who helped pay the bills for Jesus and the disciple’s ministry?
Answer: Several women who Jesus had healed.
- Question: What was John the Baptist’s cloth made out of?
Answer: Camel’s hair
- Question: Who returned to Israel to build up the walls of Jerusalem?
- Question: An Israelite saved her people from being murdered and became the wife of a king, what was her name?
- Question: How did Esther get to talk to the king?
Answer: Went in to talk without being summoned first.
- Question: Who was David’s son who started a rebellion against him?
- Question: David abandoned what city?
- Question: When David and Absalom’s armies battled, what happened to Absalom’s hair?
Answer: It got caught in a tree.
- Question: Absalom was killed by who?
- Question: Because he killed Absalom, how was Joab punished?
Answer: He got demoted as captain.
- Question: What was David’s second sin recorded in the Bible?
Answer: He took a census of the people in his nation.
- Question: Who anointed Saul as King?
- Question: What is the first commandment?
Answer: “You shall have no other gods before me.”
- Question: What is the second commandment?
Answer: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image”; Thou shall not make idols.
- Question: What is the third commandment?
Answer: “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.”
- Question: What is the fourth commandment?
Answer: “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
- Question: What is the fifth commandment?
Answer: “Honor thy mother and father.”
- Question: What is the sixth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not kill.”
- Question: What is the seventh commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
- Question: What is the eighth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not steal.”
- Question: What is the ninth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”
- Question: What is the tenth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not covet.”
- Question: When the people demanded Saul make a sacrifice to God, what did he do?
Answer: Made the sacrifice.
- Question: Which group of people is righteous enough to inherit the Kingdom of God?
Answer: The Gentiles
- Question: Which insect did John the Baptist eat in the desert?
- Question: The Book of Revelation is written by who?
- Question: Who worked as a tax collector before preaching the word of God?
- Question: In the Acts of the Apostles, who is Stephen?
Answer: The first Christian martyr
- Question: In 1 Corinthians, which is the greatest of the imperishable qualities?
- Question: In the Gospel According to John, which apostle doubts Jesus’ resurrection until he sees Jesus with his own eyes?
- Question: Which Gospel mostly speaks on the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
Answer: The Gospel According to John
- Question: Which biblical narrative is connected to Palm Sunday?
Answer: Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem before his death
- Question: Which Gospel is written by a doctor?
- Question: What is the name of the village where Christ turned water into wine?
Answer: Cana of Galilee
- Question: The Apostle John and Moses wrote how many books?
- Question: Which book is also called the book of a second chance?
- Question: Which men came from the East to worship baby Jesus
Answer: The Magi
- Question: Which disciple walked on water?
- Question: Who is the mother of all living?
- Question: In which town did Jesus drive an evil spirit out of a man who called him the Holy One of God?
- Question: Who sacked the Syrian camp?
- Question: How long is the famine that Elisha prophesizes?
Answer: 7 Years
- Question: At what age did Jesus start his ministry?
- Question: What miracle did Jesus perform on the Sabbath?
Answer: Healing the man who was born blind
- Question: What Roman Governor presided over Judea during the trial of Jesus?
Answer: Pontius Pilate
- Question: What did Felix feel when Paul told him of Christ?
- Question: How many days after birth is circumcision performed according to the Laws of Moses?
- Question: Who must we become like to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?
- Question: According to Paul, who is the Head of the church?
- Question: Which city mentioned in Revelation is also an American city?
- Question: Who did God say would worship at the feet of the angel of the Church of Philadelphia?
Answer: The false Jews of the synagogue of Satan
- Question: What happened when the crew threw Jonah overboard?
Answer: The storm calmed
- Question: Where was the book of 2 Timothy written?
- Question: Who said, “The time of my departure is at hand”?
- Question: What animal is slain for the feast of Passover?
Answer: The lamb
- Question: Which plague of Egypt fell from the sky?
- Question: What was the name of Moses’ sister?
- Question: King Rehoboam has how many children?
- Question: Who was King Solomon’s mother?
- Question: Who was Samuel’s father?
- Question: Who was the disciple that Jesus loved?
- Question: Was John the Baptist a disciple?
- Question: How many Gospels are in the New Testament?
- Question: What are the four Gospels in the New Testament?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John
- Question: Who is the Book of Acts addressing?
Answer: The churches
- Question: How many horses appear in the Book of Revelation?
- Question: What color are the four horses in the Book of Revelation?
Answer: White, Red, Dark, & Pale
- Question: Which disciple was crucified upside-down?
- Question: What two men in the Bible never died?
Answer: Elijah & Enoch
- Question: Who is the oldest man in the Bible?
- Question: Who is Methuselah’s father?
- Question: How long did the Israelites wander through the wilderness?
Answer: 40 years
- Question: How many times did Noah send out a dove from the Ark?
Answer: Three times
- Question: What did the dove bring back that let Noah know that the water was receding?
Answer: A freshly plucked olive leaf
- Question: Who was pregnant at the same time as Mary?
- Question: What were the gifts the Wise Men brought when they went to visit Jesus?
Answer: Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh
- Question: In the Old Testament, which prophet foretold of Jesus’ birth?
- Question: Who was the first hunter mentioned in the Bible?
- Question: Who was the only female judge mentioned in the Bible?
- Question: Which woman washed Jesus’ feet?
Answer: Mary Magdalene
- Question: What language is the New Testament originally written in?
- Question: What does “Christ” mean?
- Question: What religion did Jesus Christ practice?
- Question: In the book of Genesis, why did the Lord decide to destroy mankind in a flood?
Answer: They had become wicked and had evil in their hearts
- Question: How many pairs of each “clean” animal did Noah take on the ark?
Answer: Seven pairs
- Question: How old was Noah when the flood began?
Answer: 600 years old
- Question: Where did the ark come to rest after the flood?
Answer: The mountains of Ararat
- Question: What was the covenant God made with Noah and his sons?
Answer: To never again send a flood to destroy the Earth
- Question: Who was the judge who defeated the Midianites with only 300 men using torches and horns?
- Question: Who was the judge who took a Nazarite vow from birth and fought against the Philistines?
- Question: With what did Samson kill 1,000 Philistines?
Answer: A donkey’s jawbone.
- Question: How many times did David spare Saul’s life?
- Question: Where did David spare Saul’s life the first time?
Answer: A cave.
- Question: Where did David spare Saul’s life the second time?
Answer: In a campsite, where Saul was sleeping.
- Question: Name three women in the bible whose names begin with “R”.
Answer: Rebecca, Rachel, Ruth
- Question: Which king had a sundial?
- Question: Which disciple found a coin in the mouth of a fish?
- Question: What was Harn’s father called? What were his brothers called?
Answer: Noah, Shem, Japheth
- Question: What is Jesus’ other name?
- Question: Who asked Pharaoh’s daughter to call a nurse to breastfeed the infant Moses?
Answer: Moses’ mother
- Question: Against which kingdom did Saul die in a battle?
- Question: According to Micah, who gives judgment for a bribe?
Answer: Her Priests
- Question: “To pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.” To which prophet did God give these commands?
- Question: Who was the father of Isaac?
- Question: What lie did the sons of Jacob tell their father regarding what happened to Joseph?
Answer: A wild animal devoured him
- Question: Who said faith apart from works is dead?
- Question: How many generations are there between Abraham and David?
Answer: 14 Generations
- Question: Wise men visited Jesus when he was young and brought him gifts. How many wise men visited Jesus?
Answer: 3 Wise men
- Question: Why did Pharaoh’s daughter name the child “Moses”, whom she found on the riverbank?
Answer: Because she drew him out of the water
- Question: Through what do we have redemption according to the book of Ephesians?
Answer: His Blood
- Question: Who was Moses’ father-in-law?
- Question: Who was the father of Joshua?
- Question: Moses helped the Israelites escape from which country?
- Question: What did God do on the fourth day of creation?
Answer: God created the sun, the moon and the stars
- Question: Where did Adam and Eve live before they disobeyed God?
Answer: The Garden of Eden
- Question: What did Noah build the ark out of?
Answer: Gopher wood
- Question: What is the name of the first animal to leave the ark after the flood?
Answer: A Raven
- Question: How many sons did Jacob have?
Answer: 12 sons
- Question: What is the name of the three men saved from the fiery furnace?
Answer: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
- Question: Who was thrown into the lions’ den?
- Question: What was the name of the tax collector who climbed a tree to see Jesus?
- Question: What is the name of the tree the tax collector named Zacchaeus climbed?
Answer: Sycamore Tree
- Question: Which disciple betrayed Jesus?
Answer: Judas Iscariot
- Question: Jesus told us to remember him with what?
Answer: Bread and Wine
- Question: Who jumped into the sea and swam to Jesus when he saw that he had risen?
- Question: Who in the Bible got stuck in a big fish’s stomach?
- Question: Question: How many days and nights did it rain when Noah was on the ark?
- Question: What was God’s sign to Noah that he would never destroy the earth again?
Answer: A rainbow
- Question: How many brothers did Joseph have?
Answer: 11 brothers
- Question: What did Jacob give Joseph that sparked jealousy from his siblings?
Answer: A coat of many colors made by his mother
- Question: How did Moses’ mother save him from the Egyptian soldiers?
Answer: She put him in a basket in the river
- Question: Through what did God speak to Moses in the desert? Answer: A burning bush
- Question: What did Moses say God commanded the Pharaoh to do?
Answer: To let his people go
- Question: How many plagues did God send on Egypt?
Answer: 10 plagues
- Question: What was the final plague that convinced Pharaoh to let the slaves go?
Answer: The first-born son of all Egyptian families died
- Question: When Pharaoh changed his mind and sent his army after the Israelites, where did they meet?
Answer: By the Red Sea
- Question: What did God do through Moses to save the Israelites?
Answer: He parted the Red Sea
- Question: When the Egyptians tried to follow the Israelites through the Red Sea, what happened?
Answer: The water crashed on them and killed them all
- Question: Where did God give Moses the Ten Commandments?
Answer: At Mount Sinai
- Question: What golden image did the Israelites make at Mt. Sinai?
Answer: A Golden calf
- Question: Who was the first king of Israel?
- Question: Who was Jesus’ human mother?
- Question: Name the city where Jesus was born.
- Question: What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
Answer: John 11:35 “Jesus wept”.
- Question: Why did Jesus weep in that verse?
Answer: Because his friend Lazarus died.
- Question: How much bread and fish did Jesus use to feed more than 5,000 people?
Answer: Five loaves of bread and two fish
- Question: What did Jesus do at the Last Supper to his disciples?
Answer: Washed their feet.
- Question: What did the woman pour on Jesus’ feet at the home of Simon the Leper?
Answer: An Alabaster flask of ointment
- Question: Which disciple denied Jesus three times?
- Question: How many books have the name John in them?
Answer: Four Books
- Question: Which book did David write most of?
- Question: What were men trying to do at the Tower of Babel?
Answer: Build a tower to reach Heaven
- Question: How did the 12 brothers get rid of Joseph?
Answer: Sold him to slave traders.
- Question: What did Joseph’s brothers tell their father had happened to him?
Answer: They said Joseph was killed by a wild animal
- Question: Where did the slave traders take Joseph?
- Question: Who bought Joseph?
Answer: Potiphar, captain of the Pharaoh’s guards
- Question: Who got Joseph thrown into prison by lying about him?
Answer: Potiphar’s wife
- Question: Who else was in prison with Joseph?
Answer: The Pharaoh’s cupbearer and chief baker.
- Question: What did Joseph do for them?
Answer: He interpreted their dreams.
- Question: What position of power did Pharaoh give Joseph?
Answer: Second in command of Egypt.
- Question: What catastrophe did Joseph predict by interpreting the Pharaoh’s dream?
Answer: A severe, seven-year famine.
- Question: Who came to Egypt that Joseph recognized because of the famine?
Answer: His brothers
- Question: What did Joseph tell the brothers to do next time they came back to Egypt?
Answer: To bring Benjamin back with them.
- Question: What was the giant’s name that David killed?
- Question: How did David kill Goliath?
Answer: A slingshot and a stone.
- Question: How many sling-throws did it take David to hit Goliath?
- Question: How many lepers did Jesus heal?
- Question: How did God make people spread out across the earth?
Answer: Confused their languages.
- Question: Who did God call out of Ur to move to Canaan?
- Question: Who was Abram’s wife?
- Question: Even though Abram and Sarah were too old, what did God promise them?
Answer: A son.
- Question: When God showed Abram the stars in the sky, what did he promise?
Answer: Abram would have more descendants than the number of stars.
- Question: Who was Abram’s handmaid?
- Question: What was Sarai’s idea for Abram to have a child?
Answer: For Abram to have a child with Hagar.
- Question: Who was the first son Abram had?
- Question: What was Abram’s name changed to?
- Question: What was Sarai’s name changed to?
- Question: What was the second son Abraham had?
- Question: Who did Abraham have his second son with?
- Question: Where did Hagar and her son go after they left Abraham’s?
Answer: Into the desert.
- Question: Who was the woman judge who led Israel to victory?
- Question: Who was the judge who defeated the Midianites with only 300 men using torches and horns?
- Question: Who was the judge who took a Nazarite vow from birth and fought against the Philistines?
- Question: Who anointed Saul as King?
- Question: Who was the enemy who took the Ark of the Covenant?
- Question: When David stayed in Jerusalem, what woman did he see and commit adultery with?
- Question: Who was Bathsheba’s husband?
- Question: When Bathsheba got pregnant, what did David make happen to Uriah?
Answer: Have him killed in battle.
- Question: What prophet came to rebuke David?
- Question: What happened to Bathsheba’s child?
Answer: The child died.
- Question: When Bathsheba and David had another child, what did they name him?
- Question: When Saul conquered the Amalekites, what person did he keep as a prisoner instead of killing like God said to?
Answer: The king, Agag.
- Question: Which books of the Bible record all the kings?
Answer: 1st and 2nd Kings, 1st and 2nd Chronicles
- Question: Which books of the Bible did Solomon write?
Answer: Song of Solomon and Proverbs and some Psalms
- Question: How many kings of Judah were there?
- Question: How many kings of Israel were there?
- Question: Who conquered Judah and took Daniel to their country?
Answer: The Babylonians.
- Question: Who was the last king Daniel served under in the Bible?
Answer: King Nebuchadnezzar’s.
- Question: Which member of the Jewish ruling council came to ask Jesus questions at night?
These are the bible trivia questions and answers that you can use to test your bible knowledge, for discussion purposes among friends and family, and for teaching others.
The questions and answers are simplified for all kinds of readers to understand, and if you want to print it out you can also do that.
What are bible trivia questions?
Bible trivia questions are random bible questions picked from different areas of the bible and compiled into an uncategorized quiz for bible scholars.
Are bible questions hard?
Bible questions usually have difficulty levels ranging from easy and medium for kids and teenagers then hard for adults. If you are just starting out to learn and understand Christianity, you may want to start from easy and gradually progress from there to gain the foundational knowledge.
However, if you are already involved in the religion then follow the difficulty level as it is listed but you could always try harder or test your knowledge by going for a level higher than yours.
So, whether bible questions are hard or not depends on how well-versed you are as a Christian and your level of knowledge of the bible.
How do I create bible trivia questions and answers?
Firstly, you need to know your way around the bible then begin to conduct research looking for trivia questions and creating their answers. You will need a notepad while doing this to write out these trivia questions and their answers.
Afterward, you should proceed to print it out or post it on your blog if you have one so that others can have access to it and learn from it since that is the main purpose of creating bible trivia questions and answers.
With these out of the way and clarity well expressed, it’s high time we dived into the main subject matter. Learning the hard trivia questions and answers and how they can help you grow spiritually and in general knowledge empowerment.
- 25 Free Printable Bible Study Lessons with Questions and Answers PDF
- 9 Theology Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- 4 Top Free Bible Schools in the USA for International Students
- 13 Bible School Full Scholarships for International Students
- 17 Free Online Bible Courses with Certificate of Completion