Do you find answers to bible trivia questions hard? We created a bible quiz that can help you understand the Bible better and clarify certain biblical events that may have been confusing you.
The Bible is the holy book of the Christians and contains many historical events dating some 3,000 years back, and is the most popular historical book ever sold. It also holds messages from old prophets, God, his son, Jesus Christ, and many of His apostles.
As a book with ancient recordings and also very important to Christians, it is important that Christians have good knowledge of the Holy Book’s content.
We created an online bible trivia questions and answers quiz that you can take in about 10 minutes and obtain your performance result immediately. You can share you performance score with your fellow bible scholars and invite them to take the quiz too.
If you think you understand the bible well enough, we are calling on you to put it to the test by engaging in these over bible trivia questions getting their answers correctly. It is also a good way of learning about the bible as a Christian, understand and acquire certain knowledge of the bible to share with others.
The bible trivia questions and answers are designed for group (friends & family), and individual bible studies. It can be used for Sunday school, teaching the young ones about the Christian faith and helping them understand it better.
This isn’t only for Christian or church use alone, it is also for individuals and those searching for knowledge or begining to study the bible. For beginners, you may find some of these bible trivia questions hard and that is why we provide the correct answers at the end of the quiz so you can learn too..
You can also use them as quiz in bible study classes or Sunday school classes to inspire and teach members.
Bible Trivia Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
If you are new to bible study, you may not even understand what bible trivia questions and answers may mean but you can take the online bible quiz below to test your knowledge of the bible and obtain a score of your performance right immediately.
More Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
- Question: What was Paul’s other name?
Answer: Saul of Tarsus
- Question: While on the road to Gaza, an apostle shared the Gospel with an Ethiopian officer what is the apostle’s name?
- Question: Peter raised a woman named Dorcas from the dead. True or False?
- Question: Where did Peter stay during his ministry in the city of Joppa?
Answer: In the house of Simon the tanner.
- Question: What did Peter’s vision about the unclean animals mean?
Answer: That all people can be made clean through Jesus.
- Question: Which two birds did Noah send out of the ark as messengers?
Answer: Raven and dove
- Question: Lebanon was popular for which kind of tree?
Answer: Cedar tree
- Question: In what manner did Stephen die?
Answer: He was stoned to death
- Question: What illness was Mephibosheth suffering from?
Answer: He was lame
- Question: The names of Abraham’s brothers were?
Answer: Haran and Nahor
- Question: At the time of Jesus’ birth, which roman was in charge of cultivation at Syria?
- Question: Apostle Paul on the Areopagus or the execution of Jacob, which happened first?
Answer: The execution of Jacob
- Question: Who was Bernice
Answer: The wife of King Agrippa
- Question: What was the name of Priscilla’s husband?
- Question: What was Aquilla’s job?
Answer: He was a tentmaker
- Question: The goddess of Ephesus who was worshiped the most, what was her name?
- Question: Who was Ahasveros?
Answer: A Persian kind, Xerxes 1
- Question: What was the name of the great-grandson of Boa?
- Question: What is the name of Moses’ wife
- Question: Timotheus grandmother was called?
- Question: What does Jahwe-Schammah mean?
Answer: God himself/Ezekiel 48,35
- Question: When was the Passover feast celebrated?
Answer: The 14th day of the first month
- Question: Where did Jacob call the place he fought God?
- Question: Peter’s first letter was addressed to who?
Answer: Dispersed strangers
- Question: What was the name of Job’s mother?
- Question: Ezra had what job position in Israel?
Answer: Land cultivator
- Question: What were the two columns called on the temple built by Solomon?
Answer: Jakin and Boas
- Question: Paul left his coat where?
Answer: He left it in Troas, Carpus.
- Question: What was shown on the high priest’s headband?
Answer: Holiness of Jahwe
- Question: How many years went by before Paul moved back to Jerusalem?
Answer: 14 years
- Question: What spirit possessed the girl in Philippi
Answer: A python spirit
- Question: Where can the 10 commandments be found in the Bible?
Answer: Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5
- Question: What are the nine (9) fruits of the Holy Spirit?
Answer: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.
- Question: Where in the bible can you find the Lord’s prayer?
Answer: Matthew 6
- Question: Who went with Paul on his early missionary journey?
- Question: What was the name of the woman who hid the spies at Jericho?
- Question: What reward did Jesus say the twelve apostles would get for leaving everything and following him?
Answer: He said they’d sit in twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel
- Question: After Solomon’s rule, what happened to the kingdom?
Answer: It split into two
- Question: What tribe of Israel received no inheritance of the land
Answer: The tribe of Levites
- Question: Who was Abraham’s nephew?
- Question: Which missionary was described as having known the holy scriptures from an early age?
- Question: Who escorted the slave with the letter to Philemon?
- Question: Before King Nebuchadnezzar was restored as king, what happened to him?
Answer: He went mad and lived as a beast
- Question: Who was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, the high priest at the time of Jesus’ death?
- Question: What did Melchizedek give to Abram?
Answer: Bread and wine
- Question: According to the Gospels, which literary genre does Jesus implement to help preach his message?
Answer: The parable
- Question: How does Judas notify the Roman Officials of Jesus’ identity?
Answer: Judas kisses Jesus
- Question: What are the two tribes not named after the sons of Jacob?
Answer: Manasseh and Ephraim
- Question: Who requested the body of Jesus for burial?
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea
- Question: How did Samson die?
Answer: Pushing over the temple pillars, killing himself and many Philistines.
- Question: Ananias and Sapphira died after lying to the Apostles about their offering. True or False?
- Question: How many deacons were chosen to help the apostles to distribute food to widows?
- Question: Jesus would sometimes “spit” as part of his healing miracles. True or False?
Answer: True. The Bible describes him spitting three times.
- Question: How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus came to visit?
Answer: Four days.
- Question: Who helped pay the bills for Jesus and the disciple’s ministry?
Answer: Several women who Jesus had healed.
- Question: What was John the Baptist’s cloth made out of?
Answer: Camel’s hair
- Question: Who returned to Israel to build up the walls of Jerusalem?
- Question: An Israelite saved her people from being murdered and became the wife of a king, what was her name?
- Question: How did Esther get to talk to the king?
Answer: Went in to talk without being summoned first.
- Question: Who was David’s son that started a rebellion against him?
- Question: David abandoned what city?
- Question: When David and Absalom’s armies battled, what happened to Absalom’s hair?
Answer: It got caught in a tree.
- Question: Absalom was killed by who?
- Question: Because he killed Absalom, how was Joab punished?
Answer: He got demoted as captain.
- Question: What was David’s second sin recorded in the Bible?
Answer: He took a census of the people in his nation.
- Question: Who anointed Saul as King?
- Question: What is the first commandment?
Answer: “You shall have no other gods before me.”
- Question: What is the second commandment?
Answer: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image”; Thou shall not make idols.
- Question: What is the third commandment?
Answer: “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.”
- Question: What is the fourth commandment?
Answer: “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
- Question: What is the fifth commandment?
Answer: “Honor thy mother and father.”
- Question: What is the sixth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not kill.”
- Question: What is the seventh commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
- Question: What is the eighth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not steal.”
- Question: What is the ninth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”
- Question: What is the tenth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not covet.”
- Question: When the people demanded Saul make a sacrifice to God, what did he do?
Answer: Made the sacrifice.
- Question: Which group of people is righteous enough to inherit the Kingdom of God?
Answer: The Gentiles
- Question: Which insect did John the Baptist eat in the desert?
- Question: The Book of Revelation is written by who?
- Question: Who worked as a tax collector before preaching the word of God?
- Question: In the Acts of the Apostles, who is Stephen?
Answer: The first Christian martyr
- Question: In 1 Corinthians, which is the greatest of the imperishable qualities?
- Question: In the Gospel According to John, which apostle doubts Jesus’ resurrection until he sees Jesus with his own eyes?
- Question: Which Gospel mostly speaks on the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
Answer: The Gospel According to John
- Question: Which biblical narrative is connected to Palm Sunday?
Answer: Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem before his death
- Question: Which Gospel is written by a doctor?
- Question: What is the name of the village where Christ turned water into wine?
Answer: Cana of Galilee
- Question: The Apostle John and Moses wrote how many books?
- Question: Which book is also called the book of a second chance?
- Question: Which men came from the East to worship baby Jesus
Answer: The Magi
- Question: Which disciple walked on water?
- Question: Who is the mother of all living?
- Question: In which town did Jesus drive an evil spirit out of a man who called him the Holy One of God?
- Question: Who sacked the Syrian camp?
- Question: How long is the famine that Elisha prophesizes?
Answer: 7 Years
- Question: At what age did Jesus start his ministry?
- Question: What miracle did Jesus perform on the Sabbath?
Answer: Healing the man who was born blind
- Question: What Roman Governor presided over Judea during the trial of Jesus?
Answer: Pontius Pilate
- Question: What did Felix feel when Paul told him of Christ?
- Question: How many days after birth is circumcision performed according to the Laws of Moses?
- Question: Who must we become like to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?
- Question: According to Paul, who is the Head of the church?
- Question: Which city mentioned in Revelation is also an American city?
- Question: Who did God say would worship at the feet of the angel of the Church of Philadelphia?
Answer: The false Jews of the synagogue of Satan
- Question: What happened when the crew threw Jonah overboard?
Answer: The storm calmed
- Question: Where was the book of 2 Timothy written?
- Question: Who said, “The time of my departure is at hand”?
- Question: What animal is slain for the feast of Passover?
Answer: The lamb
- Question: Which plague of Egypt fell from the sky?
- Question: What was the name of Moses’ sister?
- Question: King Rehoboam has how many children?
- Question: Who was King Solomon’s mother?
- Question: Who was Samuel’s father?
- Question: Who was the disciple that Jesus loved?
- Question: Was John the Baptist a disciple?
- Question: How many Gospels are in the New Testament?
- Question: What are the four Gospels in the New Testament?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John
- Question: Who is the book of Acts addressing?
Answer: The churches
- Question: How many horses appear in the book of Revelation?
- Question: What color are the four horses in the book of Revelation?
Answer: White, Red, Dark, & Pale
- Question: Which disciple was crucified upside-down?
- Question: What two men in the Bible never died?
Answer: Elijah & Enoch
- Question: Who is the oldest man in the Bible?
- Question: Who is Methuselah’s father?
- Question: How long did the Israelites wander through the wilderness?
Answer: 40 years
- Question: How many times did Noah send out a dove from the Ark?
Answer: Three times
- Question: What did the dove bring back that let Noah know that the water was receding?
Answer: A freshly plucked olive leaf
- Question: Who was pregnant at the same time as Mary?
- Question: What were the gifts the Wise Men brought when they went to visit Jesus?
Answer: Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh
- Question: In the Old Testament, which prophet foretold of Jesus’ birth?
- Question: Who was the first hunter mentioned in the Bible?
- Question: Who was the only female judge mentioned in the Bible?
- Question: Which woman washed Jesus’ feet?
Answer: Mary Magdalene
- Question: What language is the New Testament originally written in?
- Question: What does “Christ” mean?
- Question: What religion did Jesus Christ practice?
- Question: In the book of Genesis, why did the Lord decide to destroy mankind in a flood?
Answer: They had become wicked and had evil in their hearts
- Question: How many pairs of each “clean” animal did Noah take on the ark?
Answer: Seven pairs
- Question: How old was Noah when the flood began?
Answer: 600 years old
- Question: Where did the ark come to rest after the flood?
Answer: The mountains of Ararat
- Question: What was the covenant God made with Noah and his sons?
Answer: To never again send a flood to destroy the Earth
- Question: Who was the judge who defeated the Midianites with only 300 men using torches and horns?
- Question: Who was the judge who took a Nazarite vow from birth and fought against the Philistines?
- Question: With what did Samson kill 1,000 Philistines?
Answer: A donkey’s jawbone.
- Question: How many times did David spare Saul’s life?
- Question: Where did David spare Saul’s life the first time?
Answer: A cave.
- Question: Where did David spare Saul’s life the second time?
Answer: In a campsite, where Saul was sleeping.
- Question: Name three women in the bible whose names begin with “R”.
Answer: Rebecca, Rachel, Ruth
- Question: Which king had a sundial?
- Question: Which disciple found a coin in the mouth of a fish?
- Question: What was Harn’s father called? What were his brothers called?
Answer: Noah, Shem, Japheth
- Question: What is Jesus’ other name?
These are the bible trivia questions and answers that you can use to test your bible knowledge, for discussion purposes among friends and family, and for teaching others.
The questions and answers are simplified for all kinds of readers to understand, and if you want to print it out you can also do that.
What are bible trivia questions?
Bible trivia questions are random bible questions picked from different areas of the bible and compiled into an uncategorized quiz for bible scholars.
Are bible questions hard?
Bible questions usually have difficulty levels ranging from easy and medium for kids and teenagers then hard for adults. If you are just starting out to learn and understand Christianity, you may want to start from easy and gradually progress from there to gain the foundational knowledge.
However, if you are already involved in the religion then follow the difficulty level as it is listed but you could always try harder or test your knowledge by going for a level higher than yours.
So, whether bible questions are hard or not depends on how well versed you are as a Christian and your level of knowledge of the bible.
How do I create bible trivia questions and answers?
Firstly, you need to know your way around the bible then begin to conduct research looking for trivia questions and creating their answers. You will need a notepad while doing this to write out these trivia questions and their answers.
Afterwards, you should proceed to print it out or post on your blog if you have one so that others can have access to it and learn from it since that is the main purpose of creating bible trivia questions and answers.
With these out of the way and clarity well expressed, it’s high time we dived into the main subject matter. Learning the hard trivia questions and answers and how they can help you grow spiritually and in general knowledge empowerment.
- 25 Free Printable Bible Study Lessons with Questions and Answers PDF
- 9 Theology Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- 4 Top Free Bible Schools in the USA for International Students
- 13 Bible School Full Scholarships for International Students
- 17 Free Online Bible Courses with Certificate of Completion
Thaddaeus is a lead content creator at SAN with over 5 years of experience in the field of professional content creation. He has written several helpful articles for Blockchain projects in the past and even recently but since 2020, he has been more active in creating guides for students who want to study abroad.
When he's not writing, he's either watching anime, making a delicious meal, or definitely swimming.