Have you ever wondered which institutions have the cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students? Then this article will guild you on all you need to know and you get to find the nursing school of your dreams today!
Canada is one of the most popular countries where International Students always prefer to go and study. It is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and it is highly known for its multicultural people and advanced infrastructure hence the preference.
Nursing is a very important career in society. It is one of the most respected careers by the virtue of its relevance to the well-being of men.
When it comes to getting the best nursing knowledge, Canada is highly recommended for international students. It has the most advanced infrastructure in healthcare and as a result, it attracts lots of foreign students.
Choosing to study nursing in Canada is a good call. But I discovered that so many people have put it off their minds due to how expensive it is.
Their fear is true. Some nursing schools in Canada are expensive, but there are also cheap and legit nursing schools in Canada for international students as well. While some of these schools offer a four-year nursing program for international students in Canada, others offer a two-year nursing program for international students.
Before we go on to the list of the cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students, there are certain things you need to know.
First of all the tuition fees that’ll be listed below are estimated and additional costs are not included.
Secondly, some of the fees can be changed therefore you are advised to check out the school’s websites for the updated tuition fees.
In case you are an international student who wants to study in Canada for free, then do well to check out our article on tuition-free Universities in Canada.
Also, opportunities are available for international students who want to study in the best Canadian colleges.
Having said this, I do not doubt that you will find the nursing school of your dreams here today!
Requirements for International Students to Study Nursing in Canada
The following requirements are necessary for students to study nursing in Canada. They include:
- The national licensing body, the Canadian Nurses Association, recommends all nurses obtain their undergraduate Baccalaureate degree as it is required in all provinces except Quebec and Yukon Territory
- A diploma or undergraduate program (BSc or BN) expects at least a C average in the following courses: English, mathematics, biology, chemistry, and physics.
- A reference letter
- Official transcript of records (grade list)
- GPA scores
- A resume with relevant experience in the field of Nursing
- Letters of recommendation from past teachers or employers
- A letter of motivation or personal essay
- Proof that you paid the application fee (if there is one)
- Nursing schools in Canada require candidates to take an admission test before they are accepted as a student, and they also expect their students to take a licensing exam when they graduate.
What is the Cost of Studying Nursing in Canada for International Students
The cost of studying nursing in Canada for international students varies on the territory or province where the school is located. On average, it will cost over $20,000 and $13,000 for undergraduate and graduate degrees, respectively.
If you secure admission to a Canadian nursing school, it does not guarantee you on-campus residency, and the cost of on-campus residence differs from institution to institution. In case you need tips on how to choose off-campus housing locations, we have provided a few for you.
However, the schools help international students find off-campus residences and this costs roughly $300.
Cheapest Nursing Schools in Canada for International Students
The following are the cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students and they have been listed in ascending order beginning from the cheapest school.
1. Brandon University
This is one of the cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students. The university is located Brandon in Canada. It is available for wannabe international nurses who want to study in Canada without breaking the bank.
They have a small class size and this helps students to get to relate well with their teachers and understand their lessons well too.
The nursing programs at this university offer a variety of unique clinical opportunities in different care units.
The tuition fee is $3,660 a year.
2. Cape Breton University
Next on this list of the cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students is Cape Breton University.
This university is located in Sydney, Canada and it offers an excellent program that will train future nurses at a very cheap price.
The knowledge impacted by the Students is organized logically and they learn new skills based on their previous knowledge. As a result, the Students are free to learn at their own pace.
The tuition fee is $6,470 a year.
3. Mount Royal University
Located in Calgary Canada, Mount royal university is one of the cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students.
The school provides their student with hands-on training as well as the theoretical aspects of being a nurse.
The tuition fee for the school is $6,520 a year.
4. University of Regina
This is the next on the list of cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students. It is located in Regina, Canada. The school offers a program that is strictly focused on Students and how they get practical knowledge of their courses.
Students have access to the best professors, new and upgraded labs, and unique learning opportunities.
Their tuition fee is $8580.
5. Memorial University of Newfoundland
This school is located in Corner Brook, Canada. It is the next on the list of cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students.
The school also offers a great collaborative nursing program and it allows students to choose between studying at the Memorial University School of Nursing, St. John’s, Western Regional School of Nursing, Corner Brook, or Centre for Nursing Studies, St. John’s
Their tuition fee is $9000.
6. University of Prince Edward Island
Located in Charlotte Town, Canada, this school is next on the list of cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students.
They offer a 4-year nursing program and Students who graduate from the school get to be members of the Association of Nurses of Prince Edward Island.
Their tuition fee is $10,280.
7. University of Ottawa
This is the next in line on our list of cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students located in Ottawa, Canada. The school offers a collaborative nursing program for its students.
Their nursing program is a four-year program and Students get to learn practical and quality knowledge on what it takes to be a nurse.
Their tuition fee is $10,850.
8. University of New Brunswick
This is another school on the list of cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students. It is located at Fredericton/Saint John, Canada.
The school offers hands-on experimental lessons and their students can use their knowledge and skills in any health care they find themselves in.
All over the world, they produce graduates who move from regular nurses to members of national healthcare organizations and they help improve people’s lives daily.
Their tuition fee is $12,240.
9. Saint Francis Xavier University
Located in Antigonish, Canada, this school is next on the list of cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students.
The school provides a Nursing program that prepares students to work in all aspects of the health field.
At the end of their program, the Students can test their knowledge in a real hospital environment and also apply the skills that they learned under the supervision of their nursing coaches.
Their tuition fee is $12,750.
10. University of Manitoba
Last but not least on our list of cheapest nursing schools in Canada for international students is the University of Manitoba located in Winnipeg, Canada.
The school offers a comprehensive Nursing program that provides the students with technical knowledge, clinical practice, and important skills.
The tuition fee may seem expensive though but believe me, it’s worth every dime!
The tuition is $13,700.
Cheapest Nursing School in Canada for International Students – FAQs
What GPA is required to study nursing in Canada as an international student?
The required GPA is :
- A 0 or higher on the US 4.0 grading scale
- A 4.0 or higher on the Nigerian 5.0 grading scale or
- A “B” average or better in secondary school
Are there nursing scholarships in Canada for international students?
Yes! There are numerous scholarships in Canada for international students to mention but a few.
- Sunshine Behavioural Health Opioid Awareness Scholarship
- The friends of Mary Seacole funding for international students 2022-2023
- SGS Dean’s funding for International Students in Canada 2022-2023
- ECU Nursing & midwifery Ph.D. Positions for international students in Australia
- Global Excellence postgraduate placements at the University of Dundee in the UK, 2022-2023
- University of Excellence Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2022
- William K. Schubert Minority Nursing funding for international students in the USA
- MPOWER Nursing Program for International Students, 2022
- Western Sydney International Undergraduate Financial Aid In Australia
- University of Dundee Global Excellence Scholarships in UK, 2022
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan Hungary Scholarships for Pakistani Students, 2022-2023
- Aspen Foundation Indigenous Health Scholarship at the University of Newcastle in Australia, 2022
- Barts Charity Nurse/AHP Clinical Research Fellowships for International Students in UK, 2022
- Nursing/Paramedicine Scholarships at Australian Catholic University, 2022
- Best Free Online Nursing Courses With Certificates
- Top Online Pre Licensure Nursing Programs in Texas
- Best Evening Nursing Programs in Houston TX
- Top Universities in Canada for MBA
- Cheapest Colleges in Toronto Canada for International Students