In this post, we have compiled questions to ask your pastor, probably questions that you’ve always wanted to ask or you don’t have an idea of what to ask your pastor. You can get some question ideas for your pastor in this article.
Pastors are religious leaders who are in charge of a Christian congregation also advising and counselling the various Christian community or congregation. Pastors teach the congregation biblical things and help to stay on the path of righteousness.
Attention: These online colleges listed here pay students to attend classes.
Pastors are also seen as leaders and there could be at least a pastor in a community helping them to grow spiritually. Being a pastor is no easy job, as a lot of people look up to them for spiritual and even physical guidance.
It is often a difficult task being looked up to but these people, pastors, have taken it upon themselves to shoulder such responsibility. So, because a lot of people are looking up to them they must not go astray so as not to introduce discouragement among members.
They, pastors, always stand firm and true to their words and the word they preach to their congregation. It is a “tasky” job but people must do it, you have to be there for your members at all times, assisting them in whatever way they can.
If you are a religious person, or a Christian in specific, you definitely look up to your pastor as a leader because that is what they are. It is also not new talk that you certainly must be curious about them and you do have questions you want to ask them.
This article is purposely designed for the sole aim of showing you questions to ask your pastor, there’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Asking questions will help you learn more, open your mind further, and most of all, help you know more about your pastor other than someone who just stands on the pulpit and preach to you.
How do you ask your pastor these questions?
It all depends on you and how badly you want to question your pastor and get answers, but you have to take it slow and don’t rush them.
You can proceed by booking a private audience with your pastor and ask them these questions or during a study group organized by your pastor, you could take that chance and ask them whatever questions you’d like to know about them.
You are learning and exploring, right? So, do you with your chest out.
With that aside, let’s get down to the main business, questions to ask your pastor have been compiled below…
Questions to ask your Pastor at Different Occasion
The following is a compiled list of questions to ask your pastor;
- What do pastors do during the week?
- How much are pastors paid?
- What is the hardest part of pastoral ministry?
- What is a pastor’s marriage like?
- When pastors are together, what do they talk about?
- Who do pastors hang out with?
- As a church member, what can we do to encourage and support our pastors?
- As a pastor, how many times have you wanted to quit your ministerial work?
- Which ministry moves have you made which you regret?
- What has been your secret to avoid falling?
- What are the biggest mistakes you’ve made in the ministry?
- What are your biggest joy in the ministry?
- Would your spouse say you’ve placed them above ministerial work?
- What strategy do you employ for constant bible reading and praying?
- What’s been your “secret” to avoid falling?
- Knowing the things you know now, what would you say to yourself when you initially started pastoral work?
- Aside the bible, what other book has most influenced your life?
- What are your plans for expanding the ministry?
- How have you kept intentional evangelism in your life?
- When did you realize you’ve been called to ministry, and why as a pastor or leader?
- What is a God story to tell others to encourage them?
- Who is your favorite theologian and why?
- What is your definition of the ministry? Leadership?
- How did you come to God?
- If there was ever anyone in your team or congregation not living in accordance to biblical scripture, how did you handle them?
- How are you able to balance self-needs, family-need, and congregational-needs in your life?
- What is your view on atheist or non-believers?
- What experience have you gained in working and leading a church?
- What is your system of preparing for a sermon?
- What do you think our church needs most?
You can begin with these 30 questions to ask your pastor and continue with the others after you have concluded this part and arrived at a satisfactory answer.
20 Bible Questions to ask your Pastor
The more you study the bible the more questions that spring up and you have to confront these questions and have answers to them.
How do you do that?
Write out or print out the questions and ask them to your pastor, they are the closest people to you who have way more knowledge of the scriptures. This would help you clear off the confusion and arrive at an answer.
In this post, we have prepared a compiled list of bible questions to ask your pastor some of the questions you already had in mind may be there already and a bunch of other new ones.
- If God is an all-loving being, why does he allow suffering, pain, and all kinds of evil?
- Can the trinity be proven in the bible?
- In the bible, where does it say people will go to heaven when they die?
- What is the Christ church built?
- What does the 10 commandments teach us?
- Why did God create hell and send sinners, who are also his children, there?
- Don’t all religions teach the same?
- How is Jesus the only way to heaven?
- What is the Apocrypha?
- What is the purpose of baptism? Does it really save me?
- What is the trinity?
- Why does Jesus need to be born?
- Why did God cast Satan down to heaven when is isn’t our fault he rebelled?
- Why has God not shown himself physically?
- Did Jesus have any sibling?
- The resurrection of Lazarus and other miracles done by Jesus why aren’t there proofs?
- How did all the millions of species fit into Noah’s ark?
- Who are the parents of Joseph, the father of Jesus?
- How did the Holy Spirit impregnate Virgin Mary?
- What are the names of Mary’s siblings?
These are the bible questions to ask your pastor, you can either print it out to make it handy or bookmark the page for easy access and bring up the questions on a one-on-one session with your pastor or a bible study group with your pastor.
15 Questions to ask your Pastor about Leadership
Below are questions to ask your pastor concerning leadership:
- As a pastor, what book has had the greatest impact on your understanding of leadership?
- Which historical leaders influenced you the most?
- What current leader influences you now?
- What other systems of leadership to look to learn from?
- What are your main leadership goals?
- How do you design and hold meetings?
- What apps, software, technologies, etc. helps you the most?
- Do you have any plans to create leaders from your congregation or community?
- How do you settle disputes in your congregation?
- How do you admit and fix a problem in your leadership?
- Is your ministry accomplishing one of the church’s value?
- Is the ministry led by the right people?
- What do you need to do to move your ministry forward?
- What is the vision, aim, or goal of your ministry?
- How do you train and motivate people for personal evangelism?
These are the leadership questions to ask your pastor this is better asked during a one-on-one session with your pastor.
30 Questions to ask a Pastor about Relationship
Below are the questions to ask a pastor about relationship:
- Is my partner Godly enough?
- In a Christian dating, is there anything like “too fast?”
- Is my church supposed to help me get married?
- Should I date a Godly man or woman I do not find attractive?
- What are the keys to sexual purity in dating?
- What hope does God offer lonely singles?
- When should a single stop dating?
- After satisfying all the parameters of the bible, is it possible to still choose the wrong partner?
- What kind of “work” makes marriage successful?
- What guidelines does the bible offer for the physical relationship in marriage?
- How does one overcome negative thoughts or feelings about one’s spouse?
- How should a husband and wife react to family decisions that turn out to be wrong?
- Where can we find good role models of love and leadership?
- Are there situations in which it will be difficult or even impossible to forgive?
- Is it right for a Christian to date or marry a non-Christian?
- What does the bible say about premarital sex and sex before marriage?
- What does the bible say about courting or dating?
- Should a Christian use a dating service to find a spouse?
- What does the bible say about flirting?
- Is born again virginity possible?
- Can Christian teens date?
- Is it okay to have premarital sex since you are going to marry the person anyways?
- Is it wrong for a couple to live together before they are married?
- What does the bible say about engagement?
- Why is virginity so important in the bible?
- Should Christians of different denominations get married?
- What does the bible say about interracial marriages?
- What is the Christian view about romance?
- What does the bible say about estrangements?
- Is the age of consent a biblical one?
These are the relationship questions to ask your pastor or any pastor for that matter.
25 Questions to ask in an Interview?
Interviews are necessary in every company before a person is hired, it is designed to further test your IQ and be sure you fit the job position or role you have applied for. Interviews are supposed to be like discussions in form of questions which you will use to learn more about the job you applied for and the company.
If this is your first time going for an interview, you should go through this post and learn about the questions to ask in an interview, yes, you’re supposed to ask questions too.
- What will my first week at work look like?
- What does the company want me to fulfil on this position
- How does the company culture affect the position?
- What is your team’s biggest accomplishment?
- Why are you working in this industry?
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- How does my position in this company contribute to the team’s success?
- Can you offer specific details about the position’s daily responsibilities?
- How do the leaders of this company set employees up for success?
- How does management deliver negative feedback to employees?
- What is the work culture in this company like?
- What is the company’s mission statement?
- What are the company’s biggest problem and how are they solving them?
- How often are employees performance evaluated?
- What are your views on goals, timelines, and measuring success?
- How are employees recognized for their hard work?
- How competitive are your employees?
- Tell me about the team I’ll be working with?
- What type of mentor system do you have in place?
- At this company, what does it take to be a top performer?
- What are the available advancement opportunities?
- How do leaders promote employee growth and success?
- Why do most employees leave the company?
- What sort of budget will be working with?
- Is this a new or existing role?
- Can you show me examples of projects I’ll be working with?
- How will I be trained?
- Would I be able to represent the company at industry conferences?
- The employees previously in this position, where have they progressed to?
- Has your role changed since you’ve been with the company?
- How long have you been with the company?
- What’s your favorite part about working here?
- What can you tell me about the company’s new products or plans for growth?
- Whom will I be working more closely with?
- What career paths are more common in this department?
- In the next six months, do you expect to hire more people in this department?
- What is your favorite office tradition?
- What are the next steps in the interview process?
- Is there anything about my background that makes me fit for this role?
- Can I answer any final questions for you?
So, these are the interview questions you would want to ask during an interview and they aren’t hard to remember. You can have a hard copy of it to use during the interview.
12 Questions to ask Senior Pastors
Is your church searching for a pastoral candidate and has given you an open ground to ask these pastors questions, like interview them? Here, you will find questions to ask senior pastors who want to take up pastoral work at your church.
- What do you like about this church?
- How do you think the community perceive you?
- What is your strategy for enforcing discipline among members?
- How are leaders being developed through the church?
- What opportunity is the biggest to use in reaching the community?
- What attracted you to this church?
- In your opinion what makes a great sermon?
- If this church does not select you, where would you go?
- What would be your goal for this church?|
- What do you know about our church?
- How does your former pastoral experiences directly relate to the environment you would be in at this church?
- What idea did you have for your formal church but didn’t implement and would like to try out here in our church?
This brings an end to the questions to ask senior pastors as well as the overall topic on questions to ask you pastor. Each of the subheadings are for different purposes, do not mix them up to avoid confusing. And for better results, take them one by one and one step at a time, they are all designed to gradually enlighten you.
- 25 Free Printable Bible Study Lessons with Questions and Answers PDF
- Top 13 Full-Ride Seminary Scholarships
- 9 Theology Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- Top 8 Scholarship for Theological Studies in Korea
- 11 Top Scholarships for Autoimmune Diseases
- What Are the Different Types of Psychology and Their Role
Thaddaeus is a lead content creator at SAN with over 5 years of experience in the field of professional content creation. He has written several helpful articles for Blockchain projects in the past and even recently but since 2020, he has been more active in creating guides for students who want to study abroad.
When he's not writing, he's either watching anime, making a delicious meal, or definitely swimming.