Below is everything you need to know about Ryerson University as regards its admission requirements, degree programs, scholarships, academic ranking within and outside Canada and lots more.
If you are looking for a career-focused institution that will sharpen your talent and drive your ambition, then consider choosing Ryerson. This highly celebrated university is a pioneer in providing an experiential learning model that is second to none in Canada.
Ryerson University, Canada
Established in 1948 as a training institute to bridge the gap between the end of early years education and university, Ryerson University has grown over the years to become a global center for innovation, advanced research, career and entrepreneurship development.
Within the last decades, it has birthed a lot of research institutes and learning center that has garnered worldwide recognition from various institutions, industries and organizations.
The university operates on a mission of providing top-notch learning programs rooted in entrepreneurship. This has made the institution to create an ecosystem of budding entrepreneurs who have gone on to discover and create diverse businesses and startups.
With a goal to address the needs of society, Ryerson University partners with diverse communities and industries to foster research that will contribute a significant impact in providing sustainable health, clean environment and innovative technologies.
Considered as a modern hub for solving real-world problems, the university has a high reputation for programs that meet these needs and it supports a vibrant problem-solving student culture. Ryerson University has been named as the most applied university in Ontario, Canada.
The school offers a vast selection of disciplines that leads to an award in Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees. It also provides part-time learning opportunities as well as distance learning through its G.Raymond Chang School Of Continuing Education.
The Learning style at Ryerson comes with the integration of both theoretical and practical approaches which set it apart from other institutions. This remarkable difference makes its students obtain a high employability profile before graduation.
Ryerson campus is situated in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The campus is a haven to over 45,000 students comprising both postgraduates and undergraduates and 12,000 continuing education students.
It has over 8 unique faculties, 3,900 staff members and 121 undergraduate and graduate degree programs which ranges from arts, business, law, communication and design to sciences. The institution has over 140,000 alumni networks who have contributed to its growth and development.
Ryerson University Ranking
Ryerson university champion in delivering top-rated learning experience. As the most urban-centric institution in Canada, Ryerson is considered the top choice by many applicants both national and international.
This has made it possible for a lot of university ranking bodies to place its name among other institutions in their bibliometric analysis.
- The Academic Ranking Of World University places Ryerson as 901 in the world and ranks it as 27 out of 28 in Canada.
- QS World ranks it as 801 in the world and 26th in Canada
- U.S News and World ranks it as 965 in the world and 27 in Canada.
- Times World ranks it at 601 in the world and 22 in Canada.
- Maclean’s comprehensive ranking ranks it at 12 in Canada.
Ryerson is also famous for providing one of the best undergraduate business programs in Canada.
Its MBA program is the largest in Canada and as regard, Canadian Business has ranked its MBA program as among the top 10 MBA in Canada. Also, Blomberg Businessweek places Ryerson as 24th in its MBA program in the world.
Ryerson University Acceptance Rate
Now that you have an idea about Ryerson University in Canada, let’s talk about its acceptance rate.
You see, as one of the most applied schools in Canada by both national and international students, Ryerson has its own standard of intake. It has a very high acceptance rate of 80% and this implies that its window is fully open to welcome any applicants that meet up to their requirements for admission into their degree programs.
Its acceptance rate for the Ted Rogers School Of Management MBA program stands at 25%.
Ryerson University Tuition Fee
The tuition fee for Ryerson university varies and it depends on the program of consideration be it national or international student.
For a full breakdown of the necessary fee require for all degree programs, you can visit the official school website for more detailed information.
However, here is a partial estimate of fees expected from both undergraduate and graduate applicants.
For undergraduate program, the fee ranges from $6,084 to $6,110 for domestic students and $25,680 to $26,610 for international students.
For graduate students, the fee ranges from $4,307 to $16,278 for domestic students and $20,640 to $28,020 for international students.
On campus cost : $8,900
Off campus cost : $11,400
You can access public transit pass for $122.
Books and Supplies
The estimated cost for all your book purchases and inventories ranges from $1,100 to $9,900 depending on the program of study
$4,090 – $5,550
$3,200 – $5000
Ryerson University Application Fee
The Ryerson University application fee is $90. It is non-refundable and payable via its OUAC. The fee covers only two program choices.
Faculties in Ryerson University
The university has 5 faculties harbouring over 40 programs and discipline that ranges from arts, business, music to sciences which leads to an award in Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctorate degree.
It has about 11 undergraduate programs that are so special among the Canadian universities.
The faculties and their corresponding program are given thus:
Faculty Of Arts & humanities
- Philosophy & Theology
- Performing Arts & Design
- Literature & Linguistics
Faculty Of Physical sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Physics & Astronomy
- Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Social sciences
Faculty of Communication & Media Studies
- Politics & International Studies (incl Development Studies)
Faculty Of Computer science
- Computer Science
Faculty Of Business & economics
- Economics & Econometrics
- Business & Management
- Accounting & Finance
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Civil Engineering
- General Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Law
Faculty Of Clinical, pre-clinical & health
- Life sciences
- Biological Sciences
Ryerson University Admission Requirements
Every institution have their own criteria and procedure that prospective candidates must follow when applying for admission. Ryerson university is no exception. Its requirements for a degree program varies for national and international students.
Here are the general documents Needed for the admission process
- Academic Transcripts
- Supplementary forms
- Proof of English proficiency
Ryerson University Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Must have completed senior high school
- Must be proficient in English language
- Academic transcripts
- A valid student visa or student permit for international students
Ryerson University Graduate Admission Requirements
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of reference
- Applicant must have completed a bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Provision of Academic transcripts
- Doctorate degree students must have completed a master’s degree from an accredited university.
How to Apply to Ryerson University
- You have to check the admission requirements
- Ensure the program you are applying for, is still accepting
- Submit your application
- Upload the required documents
- Check your application status via email and confirm it
Follow here to begin application to Ryerson University.
Scholarships in Ryerson University
Ryerson University provides a variety of financial aid to its successful applicants. The school, through its Awardspring website, enables anyone to apply for awards, grants and scholarships available. It list over 1300 scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students for each year.
The total value of this scholarship is about $7 million. Scholarships can be based on good academic performance from secondary education and the eligibility criteria vary for each field of study.
The scholarship is open for both national and international students in all graduate and undergraduate programs. Some of the scholarships are sponsored by the Canadian government, while some are from organizations, Ryerson Alumni, Charity and philanthropic foundations.
Here are some top scholarships available for both undergraduate and graduate students
- President Entrance Scholarships
- Terence Grier Entrance Scholarship
Value: full tuition for first year
- International Secondary School Merit Scholarship
- The Anthony Capasso Memorial Award
- May Maskow Awards
- Brain William Chant Award
- CIBC Woman Business Tech Award
- Peter Sharpe Program Awards
- Williams B.Pattison Research Award
- Ted Rogers School Of Management
- BMO Financial Group Diversity Scholarship
- H.Graham Walker Awards
- David Platnick Memorial Award
- James H.Rattray Memorial Award
General Requirements for Scholarship
- Applicants must have applied to an undergraduate or graduate degree program at Ryerson University
- Must have excellent academic records
- Obey the eligibility and requirements of the scholarships
- The applicant must possess all the necessary documents required by the scholarship being applied.
List of Ryerson University Notable Alumni
Ryerson University is a pacesetter for training outstanding scholars. It is an alma mater to over 130,000 alumni who are well known around the world for their profession and in contributing positively to the growth and development of the institution and in the industry they are found. There are actors, authors, celebrities, politicians, astronauts, musicians, engineers and so on.
Some of the remarkable alumni are;
- Kenny Hotz: (Canadian producer, writer, Television director, Businessperson, Comedian)
- James Timothy Hunt: (American-Canadian author and journalist)
- Podeswa: (Television director, Canadian/American Film Producer, Screenwriter)
- Gail Kim-Irvine: (Canadian professional wrestler, model and actress of Korean descent.)
- Nina Dobrev : (Bulgarian Canadian actress, Gymnast and model.)
- Tanya Huff: (Novelist, Author, Writer)
- Tyler Stewart: (Musician, Drummer for the Canadian music group Barenaked Ladies.)
- Charlotte Arnold: (Canadian film actress and television actress)
- Antonia Eugenia “Nia” Vardalos: (Television producer, Screenwriter, Actor)
- Jessica Holmes: (Comedian, Screenwriter, Actor and former recruit Royal Canadian Air Force)
- Mary Cynthia Walsh: (Canadian actress, comedian, Television producer, Screenwriter and social activist.)
- Sabrina Jalees: (Canadian comedian, dancer, actor, host and writer from Toronto, Ontario.)
- Robert J. Sawyer: (Novelist, Author, Writer)
- Cathy Crowe: (Canadian nurse, educator and social activist, specializing in advocacy for the homeless in Canada.)
- Natalie Glebova: (Russian Canadian beauty queen, TV Presenter and dancer, former 2005 Miss Universe Canada and in Thailand.)
- Beatrice Politi: (Journalist, TV Journalist, Television Editor)
- William Ronald Reid, Jr., OBC: (Sculptor, Jeweller, Artist)
- Isadore Sharp: (Canadian hotelier and writer.)
- David James Elliott: (Actor)
- Omar Alghabra: (Engineer, Saudi Arabian born Canadian politician)
- Brian Stewart: (Newsreader, a Canadian journalist.)
- Monita Rajpal: (Newsreader and Canadian CNN International news anchor)
- Christie Blatchford: (Canadian newspaper columnist, journalist and broadcaster.)
You have been provided with groundbreaking information that will make your journey into Ryerson University to be very easy and successful. You can however visit the school website here to begin your application process.
- Alberta University Requirements
- Queens University Requirements
- University of Calgary Requirements
- University of Montreal Requirements
- York University Requirements