This article contains Bible Quiz For Kids with answers. It was curated to help you test the depth of your kid’s knowledge of the bible for evaluation and improvement.
I don’t mean you should bombard them with questions about God and the bible that cannot be answered, all in the name of “a bible quiz for kids” I’m simply saying that you can select some simple questions from both the old and New Testaments, and test their knowledge with them.
As a Christian parent, I know you want your children to draw close to God and build a strong relationship with him. That is why you bought them bible study lessons with questions and answers.
I know some parents that even enrolled their kids in some free bible schools in the USA which encourages bible quiz for kids, for them to be trained and brought up according to the way of God.
The truth is, as a Christian, engaging in the word of God whether by taking free online bible courses, participating in bible quiz for kids or adults, and reading the bible directly helps you grow, and teaches you about life and God.
However, the bible is a big book. This means that you have to devise a method by which your kids will not just read, but also understand what they are reading. That is why bible quiz for kids and bible trivia questions are highly recommended.
If your children prefer audio to written words, you can consider getting them audio bible apps to use. The goal is to ensure that they read the bible daily and grow, and be excited whenever bible quiz for kids are brought up.
Now, let me answer some of those questions on your mind before I start sharing the bible quiz for kids with answers.
Why We Should Encourage Kids To Study The Bible
There are countless reasons why we should encourage kids to study the bible. Below are some of them
- It teaches them about essential life issues at a little age so that they will know how to overcome struggles that they may encounter on the way.
- It gives them courage and strength, knowing fully well that their total dependence is on God who neither sleeps nor slumbers.
- It gives them guidance on how to live and align to the purposes of God.
- Through bible study, children understand how to overcome temptations and live above sins using the word of God.
- They learn obedience, respect, and honor from the bible stories.
- It helps them grow and progress in their Christian walks
- It enlightens them on God’s attributes, God’s wonders, God’s commandments, etc., and also brings them to the awareness of some scientific facts in the bible they may never know.
How To Make Kids Pick Interest In The Bible Quiz
This is a very important question that needs to be answered as even adults, not just kids find it boring to read. Of course, you have to read before you engage in any quiz. Let’s see some of the ways in which you can make a bible quiz for kids interesting and something they look forward to.
- Show your excitement whenever you announce that the bible quiz is coming up. Create the impression that a bible quiz is fun, and not a punishment.
- Whenever you tell them a bible story or teach them the bible, make sure you are holding it physically. Don’t just refer to it.
- Teach them how to use the bible. Teach them how to memorize the books of the bible, some verses, and even chapters. Help them get interested in the bible which will give them a wealth of knowledge and boost their confidence whenever there is a bible quiz.
- Explain to them how the bible came up and encourage them to memorize it. They will always long for bible quiz for kids. Nobody is scared of doing something he is knowledgeable about.
- Find out what excites them and show it to them in the bible. If they are excited about a flood or fire raining from heaven, use bible stories to relate it to them.
- Sometimes, during the bible quiz for kids, make it a competition and attach gifts for the winners. Every child would love to win one gift or the other, hence full participation in the bible quiz.
Benefits Of Bible Quiz For Kids
Here are some benefits of bible quiz for kids. Although they are numerous, I have highlighted a vital few.
- Bible quiz for kids makes God’s word consciously and unconsciously sink into their hearts.
- Through bible quiz for kids, their studying habits are enhanced.
- Bible quiz for kids helps in teaching them how to concentrate and memorize.
- Bible quiz for kids imbibes the values and principles of teamwork.
- Bible quiz for kids helps equip them with the need for commitment, discipline, and responsibility.
Having done justice to your questions above, let’s now see some of the bible quiz for kids with answers. We also have an article on recognized low tuition bible colleges in case you are interested.
Bible Quiz For Kids
Follow me as I take you on a ride through bible quiz for kids with answers from the bible. You can still get your jotter and pen to take down a few points as we proceed.
- Who made heaven and earth? Answer: GOD
- Sarai’s name was changed to? Answer: Sarah
- What was Abram’s name changed to? Answer: Abraham
- Who was Abram’s first son? Answer: Ishmael
- What is the first statement in the bible? Answer: In the beginning, God created heaven and the earth.
- Jesus fed 5000 people with how many fishes? Answer: two
- Where was Jesus born? Answer: In Bethlehem
- How many books are there in the New Testament? Answer: 27 books
- Who killed John the Baptist? Answer: Herod Antipas
- Who was the king of Judea when Jesus was born? Answer: Herod
- The first four books of the New Testament are known as what? Answer: the synoptic gospel
- What city was Jesus crucified in? Answer: Bethlehem
- Who wrote most of the New Testament books? Answer: Apostle Paul
- How many were Jesus’s disciples? Answer: 12
- Who was the mother of Samuel? Answer: Hannah
- What did Jesus’s father do for a living? Answer: He was a carpenter
- On what day did God create plants and vegetation? Answer: The third day
- What is the total number of commandments given to Moses? Answer: 10
- What is the name of the first book of the bible? Answer: Genesis
- Who were the first man and woman to walk upon the surface of the earth? Answer: Adam and Eve
- On what day of creation did God rest? Answer: on the seventh day.
- Where did Adam and Eve live at first? Answer: The Garden of Eden
- Who constructed the ark? Answer: Noah
- What is the name of the father of John the Baptist? Answer: Zechariah
- Who is the name of Jesus’s mother? Answer: Mary
- Who was the person Jesus raised from the dead? Answer: Lazarus
- After Jesus fed the 5000 people, how many baskets were left? Answer: 12 baskets
- What is the shortest verse in the bible? Answer: John 11: 35, “Jesus wept”
- Who was a tax collector among the disciples of Jesus? Answer: Matthew, also known as Levi
- What happened on the first day of creation? Answer: Light was created.
- Who fought and killed the philistine called Goliath? Answer: David
- Which of Adam’s sons killed his brother? Answer: Cain
- Who was thrown into the lion’s den but came out unhurt? Answer: Daniel
- Jesus fasted for how many days and nights? Answer: 40 days and 40 nights
- What was the name of the wisest man that ever lived? Answer: King Solomon
- Jesus healed ten men of their diseases. What was the disease? Answer: leprosy
- Who wrote the book of revelation? Answer: John
- Who went to Jesus in the middle of the night? Answer: Nicodemus
- How many wise and foolish girls were seen in Jesus’s parable? Answer: 5 wise and 5 foolish
- What did God promise Abraham when he showed him the stars in the sky? Answer: He promised that Abraham will have descendants like the stars in the sky.
- What did God promise Abraham and Sarah even though they were old? Answer: God promised them a child
- What was the name of Abram’s wife? Answer: Sarai
- How many people were in Noah’s ark? Answer: 8 people
- Who did God summon from Ur to move to Canaan? Answer: Abram
- What were the names of Noah’s sons? Answer: Shem, Ham, and Japheth
- What happened to the idol that stood beside the ark of the covenant in the enemy’s temple? Answer: it fell down flat and prostrated before the ark of the covenant.
- Who appointed Saul to the throne? Answer: Samuel
- Who was the strongest man in the bible that killed a lion with his bare hands? Answer: Samson
- How did Samson die? Answer: He pulled down the pillars of a house and they fell upon him.
- Samson killed 1000 philistines with what? Answer: the jawbone of a donkey.
- Who was the judge that fought with horns and torches, and defeated the Midianites with 300 men? Answer: Gideon
- Where was Moses born? Answer: Egypt
- What was the name of God’s son? Answer: Jesus
- Who owned a multicolored coat in the bible? Answer: Joseph
- What is the fifth commandment? Answer: Honor thy father and mother
- Who created heaven and earth? Answer: God
- How many books do we have in the bible? Answer: 66 books
- What is the last book of the bible? Answer: Revelation
- How many days and nights did it rain when Noah was on the ark? Answer: 40 days and 40 nights
- How many siblings do joseph have? Answer: 11 siblings
- God sent how many plagues to Egypt? Answer: 10 plagues
- Where did God give Moses the ten commandments? Answer: Mountain Sinai
- How many wives did Solomon have? Answer: 700 wives
- Daniel interpreted whose dream in Babylon? Answer: king Nebuchadnezzar
- Who were Daniel’s three friends that were thrown into the fire but came out unhurt? Answer: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
- Jesus was baptized in what river, and by who? Answer: Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist on River Jordan
- What is the name of the disciple that betrayed Jesus? Answer: Judas Iscariot
- Peter denied Jesus how many times? Answer: three times
- Who taught the lord’s prayer? Answer: Jesus Christ
- What is the shortest book in the New Testament? Answer: 2 John
- What is the second book of the bible? Answer: Exodus
- Which of the disciples walked on water? Answer: Peter
- Methuselah lived for how many years? Answer: 969 years
- Who was the first man to experience death in the bible? Answer: Abel
- Who broke a jar of alabaster oil on Jesus’s feet and wiped his feet with her hair? Answer: Mary Magdalene
- Who were called the sons of thunder in the bible? Answer: James and John
- Who turned water into wine? Answer: Jesus
- How many days did Jonah stay in the belly of the fish? Answer: 3 days and 3 nights
- What were the names of Isaac’s sons? Answer: Esau and Jacob
- Who was put into a basket and thrown into the river? Answer: Moses
- What is the name of Abraham’s nephew? Answer: Lot
I hope you enjoyed the bible quiz for kids with the answers listed above and also learned something new even as adults. At this juncture, I can say that you have been provided with multiple questions and answers to engage your kids and test the depth of their knowledge of the bible.
You can still make use of some clean Christian jokes to ease stress and spice up the environment while you engage in the bible quiz with your children.
Thanks for reading through!
- Free Bible Degree Correspondence Courses
- Bible School Full Scholarships for International Students
- Free Online Pentecostal Bible Colleges You Should Know
- Christian Universities in the UK
- Top Christian Universities In USA
- Best Christian Universities In Canada
- Dallas Theological Seminary Free courses
- Full-Ride Seminary Scholarships